cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My oculus 2 died while I was sleeping

Mjkiller1
Honored Guest

It’s dead. I have no other way to sum it up. It was fine and at 70% when I finished playing the night before. I woke up and nothing is responding. It lost all battery. It won’t charge. No lights. No reboots. Buttons are completely unresponsive. Any ideas? 

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, Mjkiller1! We understand what it's like to experience power loss on a device, and we want to help in any way we can. To start, we would like to ask some basic questions regarding your device. Could you please provide answers for the following: 

• Have you tried different charging methods, such as a different cable?
  • Is the device damaged in any way?
  • Have you tried different power supplies?

Thank you, and we look forward to hearing from you soon! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Yes, I tried all of these things. It won’t respond. At one point I saw it flash red twice. It’s done nothing else since. It’s completely dead. 😣

Hello again, @Mjkiller1. Thank you so much for your patience and for answering those questions for us. We think the best thing to do now would be to have you reach out to us via private message. To do so, please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. Again, thank you for your patience throughout this process, and we hope to hear back from you very soon.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey hey! Just checking in to see if you're still in need of our assistance, we want to make sure we can get you back on track!