cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My oculus won’t actually start

BavlyN
Honored Guest

I’ve had my oculus for like 6 months now and recently I’ve had a problem where every time I try to start up my headset I can’t get past the guardian. For some reason when I try to go through the guardian I have set up won’t show and the oculus keeps like glitching by sticking to a frame for a moment and then going again. When I try to make a new guardian it will keep moving around and glitching between hands and then delete whatever mess I’ve made and ask me to keep looking around to recognize the space or make a new guardian. It used to be inconsistent where it would sometimes happen and sometimes work but now I can’t use my oculus at all because of the glitch. Please help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey there, @BavlyN! We couldn't help but notice that you are reaching out because you are experiencing some issues when trying to turn on your headset. We know how disappointing it can be when you encounter those types of issues as they can really effect your overall experience, so we want to provide some troubleshooting steps for you to try. At this time, since deleting your guardian history has not resolved your issue, we would like to recommend performing a factory reset. 

To perform a factory reset using the headset:

1. Turn off your headset.
  2. Hold the power and volume (-) buttons on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
  4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

Performing a Factory Reset will delete all headset content and in-game data, to be started up as if brand new. Purchases previously made will still be linked to your Meta account. In regards to your in-game data, we do have a Cloud Backup which developers can choose to opt-in and out of anytime. The developers can also choose exactly what they would like to be uploaded to the Cloud. Please let us know if this helps to resolve your issue. We will be standing by just in case further assistance is needed! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

If you can get past that part, try deleting your guardian history. That may well fix it. Common issue a couple of months ago.

The only issue is that I can’t and it seems like it’s not the guardian itself. The position system seems to be constantly hard resetting every 3 seconds so when I try to make a new guardian it keeps moving it around and eventually just tells me to make a new guardian.

Hey there, @BavlyN! We couldn't help but notice that you are reaching out because you are experiencing some issues when trying to turn on your headset. We know how disappointing it can be when you encounter those types of issues as they can really effect your overall experience, so we want to provide some troubleshooting steps for you to try. At this time, since deleting your guardian history has not resolved your issue, we would like to recommend performing a factory reset. 

To perform a factory reset using the headset:

1. Turn off your headset.
  2. Hold the power and volume (-) buttons on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
  4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

Performing a Factory Reset will delete all headset content and in-game data, to be started up as if brand new. Purchases previously made will still be linked to your Meta account. In regards to your in-game data, we do have a Cloud Backup which developers can choose to opt-in and out of anytime. The developers can also choose exactly what they would like to be uploaded to the Cloud. Please let us know if this helps to resolve your issue. We will be standing by just in case further assistance is needed! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

It worked! After I resent I went through the start up process and it immediately reconnected to my account after I connected it to my phones app. On thing though that anyone else trying this solution should definitely do is check to make sure that all their apps (the important ones) are backed up since anything that isn’t gets deleted. To check go to oculus.com/my/cloud-backup/ I really want to thank you for the help. This is the first time I’ve used any sort of forum and I’m glad to say that I was pretty happy with the result.

AYE! Glad it worked out for you @BavlyN. Now you can enjoy the amazing world of VR again!

And yes, you are correct, make sure your games progress and save data is backed up on the cloud before attempting a factory reset (if possible).

If you ever need us again, don't be afraid to hit us up. Have a nice day and happy gaming!

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?