cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My quest 2 keeps pausing

idiotsandwich2023
Honored Guest

hi, my quest 2 keeps pausing mid game over and over, it will then decide to go mixed reality mode too, this thing is getting super irritating im close to returning it.  any help would be appreciated

18 REPLIES 18

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello there, @idiotsandwich2023. Thanks for reaching out to us. We understand that you're having a hard time with your headset. We can definitely assist you with this. 

Does it pause for every game or only certain games? What troubleshooting steps have you taken? 

We always recommended to restart your headset. You can do this by pressing the power bottom for 30 secs. We look forward to hearing from you. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi, so it was happening in beat saber, just randomly pausing mid flow, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, I think I tried restring the headset but I can’t remember, I then found it was also happening in gun club vr so it isn’t game specific. 

Please restart your headset. One other thing to consider is your Wi-Fi connection. This can also interfere game play. We also recommend for you to restart your internet router.  Please ensure that it's running 5 GHz. Anything less can cause glitches with gameplay. Please let us know if this issue continues so that we can move on to the next steps, and get you back into the VR world. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

PinkMMS
Honored Guest

I am having the same issue. Have you been able to resolve it? 

Hey there, @PinkMMS! We've noticed that you're having issues with the Quest 2 pausing when using certain apps. And we understand how this may affect your VR experience. So, rest assured that you're in good hands, and we'll do everything we can to help you and get this resolved as soon as possible.

Please let us know if you have done any troubleshooting so that we can determine what additional steps to take to fix this for you.

I have restarted my Oculus and made sure it is on the latest release. I am wondering if a controller can cause this? This started for me on Saturday but then on Sunday night, the right controller is not charging. I will change the batteries in the controller tonight to see if that changes things. One other thing to note is when I set the boundary the blue circle shakes a lot. That is in settings and also when i go into an app, it continues to shake a lot. 

This is not something we want our users to go through, as we understand how it affects your VR experience. Have you tried clearing the guardian settings? If not, we strongly advise you to give it a shot and see if it works for you we'll leave the steps below. We'd appreciate it if you could answer the following questions for us so that we can better understand what you're going through.

• Was the tracking working well before?
  • Has anything changed in your play area? New furniture, lights, etc?
  • Do you experience similar issues while playing in other locations?

Clear your guardian history:

• Press the Oculus logo on your right controller
  • Click on the clock on the left side of the universal menu
  • Select Settings 
  • In the settings panel, select Guardian
  • Select 'Clear Guardian history'
  • Redraw your Guardian boundaries by selecting 'Adjust Guardian' from the Guardian settings menu

Please let us know how it goes so we can determine if any additional steps are required.

I seem to have resolved it by resetting/rebooting the headset. Hasn’t happened again since. 

That's great to hear that it was resolved with just rebooting the headset. Feel free to reach out if you have any other doubts or concerns, we'll be delighted to help.