cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My rift s displayport disconnects everytime

RunTime_TTV
Honored Guest

so I have a Problem. when I try to use my Rift S Usb 3.0 works but when i plug in my display port cable it connects for a second and then disconnects when i try it many times it works for 5 mins then comes a Static sound and it disconnects and same problem again i just hope i can fix this somehow maybe with a new cable or something would be nice 

5 REPLIES 5

HenriSavin
Honored Guest

I have the same issue. Did you find any fix? This is really annoying...  I do not see even any apparent support here from anyone...

TheAntiSocializer
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey guys! DisplayPort issues are pretty annoying to keep dealing with so I'd love to try and give some insight.

As for steps to take, there are a couple we can start off with:

1. Check your Graphics card drivers for updates then restart your PC.
  2. Check that the cable is plugged into the proper GPU without an adapter. 
  3. Check your USB power settings:
    1. Open Device Manager
    2. Locate your USB ports
    3. Right click and select Properties
    4. Navigate to Power Management
    5. Ensure that the options to save power are deselected (They won't all have this option)
  4. Try other USB ports.

Let me know how that goes for you! 🙂

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling

I've had no luck, I've updated every driver, and GPU driver, and checked my display ports for debris but my monitors never act up on any of the ports. I have completely uninstalled and wiped the program and installer from all of my files and reinstalled, no dice.

Hey there @BradTheBreadstick, thanks for pointing this out to us. We'd love to help get you back on your VR adventure! Thank you for attempting a few troubleshooting steps on your end. We'd like to give a few more suggestions:

• Try using a different 3.0 USB port
  • Remove any USB splitters/extensions
  • Try to recede the cable on the inside of the headset, gently pop off the interface.
  • Verify all the connections are secure
  • Double-check for any twists, kinks, or frays in the cable
  • Double-check for any bent pins in the ports

Let us know if this helps, we're looking forward to hearing from you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi there @BradTheBreadstick! We're just checking in with you regarding your displayport. Let us know if you still need assistance or if the issue has been resolved; we're here to help!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!