cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My setup keeps asking for a business account email and I'm not a business

Hggds
Honored Guest

Strange thing with my Oculus Quest 2 setup.  The setup goes directly to requesting business information and will shut down when I select decline.   Since I am not a business it doesn't make sense why this information is being requested.  Can someone explain please what I should do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The_1st_Dark_Lord_Morgoth
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

THIS IS NOT A SOLUTION - MARKING FOR VISABILITY

Hey guys! This thread has been going on for a while, and a lot of new faces seem to have joined in. Because of that, I want to reiterate the marked solution that the previous mod mentioned, as the workaround seems to have helped users dealing with this issue.

@TheAntiSocializer

Hey everyone! Thanks for reaching back out to us on this issue. We've gotten this flagged with our internal team for them to further review. 

If you've purchased the device from an unauthorized 3rd party (neighbor/friend/second hand shop), I do recommend reaching back out to them for further assistance since the device could be tied to Meta Quest for Business.

If your headset has been in use for some time and you're just now running into this issue, please feel free to post your experience here in the thread.

In addition, there is a workaround the community is trying out:

• Try another browser or make sure your signed  into Facebook account on that browser before you start 

If this does not work please submit a ticket with support using this following link!

If you've tried the workaround mentioned above and are still having trouble, please send a private message to @MetaQuestSupport or submit a ticket with the link provided. Hope this helps!

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The force shall free me.

View solution in original post

197 REPLIES 197

Where did your headset come from? Until a year or so ago there was a separate line of Oculus for business headsets - the same as the consumer version physically but with different firmware. If you purchased second-hand you may have one of those.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Hggds! We definitely understand how much of an inconvenience this situation would be. We're also curious if you happened to purchase the headset used from someone, as that could be the reason this is happening. Let us know, we'll be looking forward to hearing back from you! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello! Just checking in to see if you are still needing assistance with your initial set up.  If so, please do reach back out to us at your earliest convenience. Thank you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I am experiencing this same issue.  I purchased the Meta Quest 2 128GB Headset from HSN (Home shopping network) and they told me to contact Meta support because they know nothing!  Should I just return the item?

Hey there, @Olivehill. We can definitely understand how concerning this situation must be, and we'd be glad to look into this for you! Please reach out to us through a PM and we'll see what we can find out about this issue with you. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. We'll be looking forward to hearing from you! 

Martin.fennelly
Honored Guest

Brand new device purchased from amazon. keeps asking for work account. when i decline i get a screen with bubbles. WTF?

Hey @Martin.fennelly. That's pretty strange to have when you first get your device. If it was purchased directly from the official Meta Quest Amazon account, it shouldn't have any issues relating to a work account since that is exclusive to our business enterprise headsets. 

If purchased new:

1. Power off the headset entirely > Hold Volume down (-) button and Power button > Highlight Factory reset and press the Power button.
  2. Try to reach out to the retailer it was purchased from recently in order to attempt an exchange.
Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling

Just purchased MQ2 today (Walmart) new/unopened. Cannot access setup screen from headset. However, software (PC) said I need two accounts. Setup meta account (facebook) via PC, setup android app, can log in OK but PC generates a setup widow in the headset asking me for copy code etc. etc., for business account. Have no business, been retired since 2000. What gives? Better yet, how do bypass the business screen - or do return the defective rig to WM?

Monk

Hey @HMonk09! We want to congratulate you on your purchase and welcome you to the VR world. We hate to hear you're having issues setting up your device, we've all been there before. No worries, let's see what we can do! We actually recommend you return your device because you got a business device by mistake and would require a business account to finish setting up your device. We do hope you find this information helpful! 

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?