cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a new right controller for meta quest 2.

DeathStalker1499
Honored Guest

On my meta quest 2, I was trying to play, and the controller was repeatedly turning on and off, and the tracking wasn't working. When I tried to use it, the controller would vibrate, and then turn off. It would then repeat this until I removed the battery from the controller. I was wondering if there were any tips, or if I would be able to get a new controller.

4 REPLIES 4

Can you use the phone app to pair the controller again?

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey DeathStalker1499! We can definitely see how your controller turning on or off and randomly vibrating can seriously hinder your enjoyment of the Quest 2, especially if you're having to take the batteries out often. We certainly don't want that for any Meta Quest family members, so we will do our best to troubleshoot and point you in the right direction! 

We also recommend unpairing and repairing your controllers using the mobile app! Steps for doing so can be found below:

• Open the Oculus app on the phone.
  • Tap Settings from the bottom menu.
  • Tap the headset that is currently paired.
  • Tap Controller, then tap the desired controller to unpair.
  • Tap Unpair Controller.

After your controllers are unpaired, complete the following to repair your controllers

If not already done, insert the included battery into the controller, then tap Continue on the Oculus app.

• Open the Oculus app
  • Tap Oculus Quest or Oculus Quest 2 in the top left corner of the Oculus app
  • Tap Settings in the bottom right corner of the app.
  • Tap Oculus Quest or Oculus Quest 2 under the user's name and email.
  • Tap Controllers then tap Left or Right to choose which hand you’d like to pair.

If unpairing and repairing your controllers doesn't prove to be useful in getting everything back to normal, then the next step we recommend is to Factory Reset your headset. Please follow the link to find steps on how to Factory Reset! If after completing the factory reset and the issue still persists, then we recommend submitting a support ticket for us to look into other options available to you! Please submit your support ticket through the link here: https://metaque.st/Support! In your support ticket, please be sure to mention all the steps you have taken to we don't provide repeated steps that were already completed! We hope this helps! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

BalloonDawg12
Honored Guest

Please dont factory reset. I heard some people with these problems get stuck on the controller setup part

ok thanks