cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need add another user to meta quest 2 headset.

Enchanted9804
Honored Guest

Can anyone help me add a second and third user to my headset. I want to add my daughter and husband. I have tried all suggestions and nothing is working. I am desperate to get help with this. Can anyone help? Support hasn’t answered my messages.

7 REPLIES 7

RolloSkolo123
Honored Guest

Search up how to create a new account on oculus quest 2 on YouTube and you’ll see how to do it

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Enchanted9804! We see that your wanting to add more accounts to your device and we want to help you get this taken care of. We certainly understand the importance of having a shared VR experience. If you could please try the steps below and see if they help:

To add additional accounts to your Meta Quest headset:

1. Press on your right Touch controller to pull up your universal menu.
  2. Hover over the clock on the left side of the universal menu. When Quick Settings appears, select it to open the Quick Settings panel.
  3. Select Settings in the top right corner, then select Accounts.
  4. Select Add Account in the top right corner.
  5. Select Continue, then hand the headset to the other person to add their account to your headset. They will be guided through the initial setup including logging in, adjusting headset fit, and setting up Guardian.
    • If you don't already have an unlock pattern set up for your headset, you will be asked to create one before adding additional accounts to your device.

You can also go here to look into other options of adding an account from a different device. If you are still having issues after this feel free to reach back out to us and we will look into other options.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

amiss.3636
Honored Guest

I can't add my family either,  keeps saying error and makes me do all the steps over and over wit the same ending,  error 

Hey there, @amiss3636! We can definitely understand your concern with being unable to add your family members accounts to the headset. We'd be more than happy to help out! Could you send us a PM so we can work with you on getting this resolved? Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. We'll be looking forward to hearing from you! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I’m having the same issue… having add a code on mobile device and then it says error on the goggles 

Hey there, @coddingtoncalvary! Feel free to send us a PM as well, we'll do everything we can to help out! Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

SG-Atlantis
Explorer

How to add users to your Meta Quest. I finally figured out how to add my children and spouse to my Meta Quest 2. After 3 months of frustration at not finding an answer in the forums or actually getting any kind of response from Facebook aka Meta at all. I now have the solution and am sharing and posting it for ALL that have found themselves in this situation. What is not posted anywhere (that I have found) is when you try to add a user from the headset using the code that is generated on the www.meta.com/device website from your PC or phone, it always returns an error. The solution is as following.

1. using a PC/MAC go to www.meta.com and create a new account for your new user using their email

2. verify the account from the email received.

3. log into the new meta account on the PC/MAC

4. go thru the steps on the headset to add user and generate a code.

5. open a new tab on PC/MAC while still logged into the new users account and go to www.meta.com/device

6. enter the code from the headset.

7. there should now be a successful message and the new account should be on the Meta Quest.

I hope this solves the problem so many of us have had. Why FB and Meta cannot find a way to let their users know what they need to do to add users is beyond me!

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?