cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help getting my controllers back

Vinladar
Level 4

I'm posting this message here in the hopes that I can get the attention of someone, somewhere, that can help me get a resolution to a serious problem with Oculus customer service.

I cannot begin to describe how angry I am about how poorly Oculus treats its customers.

I have an Oculus Rift S headset that stopped working. The product was still under warranty, and I contacted Oculus about it. After troubleshooting unsuccessfully, I was issued an RMA and provided with a shipping label. In the Email that contained the shipping label and RMA number, they simply said to return the product in the original box. I packed the headset and controllers up and shipped it out.

It wasn't until I got back home from dropping off the headset and controllers at the FedEx shipping location that I saw another Email instructing me to only include the headset. Since I included the controllers, I contacted Oculus to let them know that I included the controllers and asked them to please make sure I get them back. I received a response from customer service acknowledging that they received my Email and knew that my controllers were included.

On February 19th (two weeks after I shipped the box), I got a new headset, but, they didn't include the controllers. Unbelievable! After I told them to send the controllers back, and they didn't do it!

I contacted them again to tell them to send me the controllers, and I got a response on February 20th saying this:

"As of today, I've checked all of our resources however I haven't seen any new information come out regarding the investigation of your case with the distributions team who received your package. Rest assured that once an update from the dedicated team that handles the returned items in our facility, we'll inform you right away.

While where looking into it, we'd like to confirm what else did you include in that package so that our distribution team could try and locate them."

I replied informing them that I only included the headset and controllers, and two days later, I get the following reply:

"As of today, I've checked all of our resources however I haven't seen any new information come out regarding the investigation of your case with the distributions team who received your package.
Rest assured that once an update from the dedicated team that handles the returned items in our facility, we'll inform you right away.
While we're looking into it, we'd like to confirm what else did you include in that package so that our distribution team could try and locate them."

My reply was the following:

"I'm sorry, but I don't see what exactly needs to be investigated. The matter is simple. I included the controllers and the headset in the box (because the first Email I received with the RMA # and shipping label didn't say to only include the headset). When I saw the next Email with the instructions about including ONLY the headset, I contacted you guys immediately to inform you that the controllers were in the box and asked to please return ALL of the equipment. 

I believe the solution to the problem is also very simple. You didn't return my controllers, so you need to send me replacement controllers. "

I received another reply on February 23rd saying again that they don't have an update. I poked them again on February 25th requesting an update, This was their reply on February 28th:

"After reviewing, I can see that Daryl has raised your case to our Logistics team so we can retrieve your controllers. However, our case was not yet reviewed by our team. They are currently having backlog of cases to be reviewed, but they are doing their best to have these cases reviewed as much as they can."

I poked them yet again on March 6th with a much more stern response demanding an update, and here is what they had to say:

"As of today, I've checked all of our resources however I haven't seen any new information come out regarding the investigation of your case with the distributions team who received your package.
Rest assured that once an update from the dedicated team that handles the returned items in our facility, we'll inform you right away.
While we're looking into it, we'd like to confirm what else did you include in that package so that our distribution team could try and locate them."

After reading this reply, I'm pretty sure that we're not even talking to real people in the customer service department. Their responses are either copied and pasted replies or completely automated responses. 
It's now almost three weeks since I told them about the missing controllers, and I can't get any details about when I can expect to get those controllers back. 
On March 9th, I asked for another update and asked them to explain exactly why it is taking so long to get my controllers. Here is their response:

"Thank you for patiently waiting. I understand how you feel. We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

As of now, there has been no update from the warehouse team on the investigation of the extra components you have sent.
They are currently having a backlog of cases to be reviewed, but they are doing their best to have these cases reviewed as much as they can.

We truly understand how much you wanted to be back in VR. We will ensure to keep you updated once we hear updates for your case."

Apparently, they have (at least) a 3 week backlog of cases...

14 REPLIES 14

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vinladar! I'm so sorry to hear about the trouble! We've chatted in PM and I've already followed up there. Hopefully you'll be all sorted out with this issue soon.

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.

Vinladar
Level 4

This issue still has not been resolved. No explanation at all. No idea of how long it will take to get it resolved. I can't believe the level of incompetence exhibited by Oculus. I've asked several times before why it would take three weeks to get two controllers in a box and shipped to me. The only response I get is that there hasn't been an update. Do I really just need to accept that I paid $400 for a product that I can't use because Oculus can't return my controllers? Or will I just have to spend another $150 or so to buy controllers while Oculus keeps my controllers? All Oculus needs to do is send me what I'm asking for and after that, they will never hear from me again. In the future, If I purchase another VR headset, I can guarantee that it will NOT be an Oculus headset. 

Vinladar
Level 4

This will very likely be my second to las reply on this thread. 

I would like to thank Oculus_RyanS because I believe he had been in contact with other departments in Oculus to try and get me my controllers. I received a PM from him a little while ago informing me that the replacement controllers were finally shipped and provided me with the tracking number. I should be receiving them on 3/17/2022 (I just hope it will have the actual controllers rather than a bag of kitty litter or something). 

I'll post again after I get them back...

Vinladar
Level 4

Unbelievable.... Absolutely unbelievable!

They screwed up my delivery address. How!? I got the headset without an issue on the delivery address? How is it possible that a company can screw up this much? I'm just completely beside myself! How long is it going to take to correct this issue?

Vinladar
Level 4

I finally got the controllers back. FedEx dropped it off at my door, and they were in the original box, which I was told was thrown away...

Both of my controllers were in the box, and I finally had a chance to test the replacement headset that Oculus sent me. I plugged it in, paired the controllers, updated the firmware through the Oculus app, then I put the headset on, and....

Nothing.

It doesn't display an image at all. The Oculus software says that the both the USB and DisplayPort connections are detected. I went through the typical troubleshooting procedure, and I just can't get it to work. It looks like I have another bad headset. At this point, I can't say that I'm surprised.

I'm ready to give up on it. 

I’m on the same boat. I can’t believe this.

I feel your pain. I don't know if this has any effect on Oculus customer service, but I actually resorted to spamming oculus support by sending 50 emails a day, every day that only said "SEND ME MY CONTROLLERS" until they sent me the controllers.

It's kind of a crappy tactic to resort to, but I was so angry and so desperate to resolve the matter that I was willing to do just about anything.

Hey it worked for you.👍🏼🤙🏼

This has just happend to me on day 1 ??? Did you get a resolution. Let me know thanks.