cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with Waltz of the wizard

AndyThompson4530
Explorer

I need help, waltz of the wizard  crash randomly in the ascending tower, sometimes I'm playing and randomly take me to the oculus homepage and the game closes. Is the only game that is doing this, I try to deleted and reinstall it,  powering off the oculus and still crashing. 

Andy Thompson
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Raven
Protege

Ok, thanks for the clarifications! We'll keep looking into this. Sent you the code via personal message!

Let us know if reinstalling works!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Raven
Protege

Hey Andy - what a strange problem. I’m on Aldin’s team, will send this their way and see what they think. Feel free to reach out to support@aldin.io to get in touch with us.

Yes, is super strange because is randomly,  not the same level or place of the ascending tower, for example,  I'm playing the level 30 and crash,  take me to the home screen of oculus and then I open the app again and I can play the level just fine, and then for example I'm playing the level 35 and happens again,  once it's close and I reopen the game, works just fine, I notice the game screen flicks like a second and that's how i know the app will crash. Thanks for taking your time to answer me. 🙂 

Andy Thompson

Looking into this - quick question, are you playing on Rift or Quest? 

I'm using an oculus quest 2 and I have a lot space in memory,  do you think I can backup the waltz of the wizard save on sidequest and factory reset the oculus will do any help?

Andy Thompson

Ok thanks - so that's Quest native standalone, not Quest + Link to PC? And, just to clarify, what you mentioned about the app closing and taking you to the Oculus homepage, did you mean Oculus Home or an actual browser window with their homepage?

edit: Not sure about backing up the save data. We'll add cloudsaves soon, but if you want to do the reinstall we could give you a secret code to unlock all progress.

Edit 2: Does this happen anywhere in the experience, or in some specific area?

Yes, no PC or cable or airlink, just the oculus itself. I it happens randomly,  never in the same level that's why I'm in shock. But always happens in the ascending tower, if I'm in the normal tower with the skull 💀  or in the backyard never crash. Also when crash the app close and take me to my oculus environment,  you know the main screen. And yes, will be a great help a secret code so I can unlock everything and not start from the beginning again. 

Andy Thompson

Raven
Protege

Ok, thanks for the clarifications! We'll keep looking into this. Sent you the code via personal message!

Let us know if reinstalling works!

When it close  always take me to oculus home. 

Andy Thompson