cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with adding another oculus

Bob091312
Honored Guest

Hello!

I am clueless on how to do anything with adding another headset. Bought one last year for oldest child. Set it up using my email. 
We bought a second one for my youngest and I don’t know how to setup an account for him with my email? 
My goal is to be able to have them each have their own account

share games 

play one another on games 

and have parental controls where no access to anything like YouTube, internet, chatting, etc.

please help!

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @Bob091312! We completely get it if you're a bit confused about all these accounts and headsets, but no worries! We're here to help you out and make things easier for you. Consider this post as your one-stop-shop for all the information you need about parental controls, app sharing, and adding secondary accounts.

First things first, let's talk about game sharing. We're guessing your oldest child already has an account with some games on it, which we'll call the admin account from now on. To start off, you'll need to set up both headsets using this admin account. Once that's done, you can check out this link to learn how to enable app sharing.

Next up, let's set up parental controls. You can access everything you need through the phone app and the Meta Family Center. Once you're logged into the Family Center, you'll have the option to add family members. You can invite a teen account and even create an account for a child aged 10-12. Start by inviting your oldest child to link their account, and then you can create a parent-managed account for your youngest. Once the account creation is done, you can add the child account as a secondary account to their headset. Some games will require you to enable permission to access from your phone app but all games should be playable from the admin account app sharing to the secondary account now.

That should cover everything you need to know! But remember, you don't have to do it all on your own. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask here or send us a private message. We're here to assist you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Bob091312
Honored Guest

I was able to enable app sharing. 
but I cannot figure out the family center part. I tried creating an account and I get a pop up that says I’m “unable to create an account based on the information provided” I inputted my meatballs email account and his birthdate. 
any ideas?

Hey @Bob091312! It's likely that either the email has already been used or you didn't input the correct age for the account you're trying to create. Make sure you select the appropriate account type that matches your age. To delve deeper into this issue, we may require some personal information. Please send us a private message so we can provide further assistance. To PM us, simply click on our name to access our profile page or click here. Then, click on "Send a Message" to privately communicate with us! Just remember, you must be signed in to the community before sending a private message. We're eagerly awaiting your message!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey again, @Bob091312! We haven't seen a PM from you on this and wanted to touch base to see if you were able to get it sorted or if you'd still like some assistance. Please let us know when you can, and never hesitate to reach out with any questions or issues you might have in the future!

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?