cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with controller tracking problem

okemm
Honored Guest

The game is overestimating my controller swing alot (especially when swinging up) making it look springy and weird in the replays ex: https://youtu.be/WM-QRy9r7Es.
I'm using Quest 2 w/ Link cable. I've seen other players with the same headset having very smooth swing unlike in my video above. Is there any way to reduce or fix this?

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @okemm! We know how discomforting it can be to have controller tracking issues and we'd love to help! Thank you for the context in using Link and the video as well, it does seem like quite the pickle! 

We do want to ask a couple of clarifying questions:

• When was this first noticed? 
  • Has any troubleshooting been attempted already? (So to not repeat any steps)
  • Have the controllers ever been mishandled? (Dropped, tossed, spilled liquid, etc.)

Along with this, could you test out the following:

• Remove the batteries for roughly 20-30 minutes then replace with new or known working ones. 
  • Re-pair your controllers with the steps found here.
  • Clean the headset and controller ring sensors. 

Let us know how that works out for you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

- Upon checking my old beat saber replays, I've noticed that its already there but I didn't notice it.
- I have tried all the step above with reinstalling the oculus app on my PC.
- The controllers were not dropped or have liquid spilled on it.

Its seems that either my quest 2 or controllers are defective since everything I've tried doesn't fix the issue

Hey, thanks for trying all that for us. In order to provide you with more help, we'd like you to PM us or submit a support ticket HERE, and we'll take care of you and your controller. Thanks!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!