cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with pairing!

TiaMaria1980
Explorer

I have just had a refurbished oculus quest 2 kindly sent to me whilst mine is in for repair. My problem now is my headset will not connect to the app, it doesn't recognise the 5 digit code, saying headset not found. I have tried factory re-setting headset and uninstalled/reinstalled app but still no joy.

Furthermore, I can not connect my controllers to the headset. I have tried troubleshooting advice from here but no success. I don't know if all this is be because the headset is not connected to my WiFi but without being able to connect to the mobile app and with no controllers I seem stuck. My headset does not move from the view of the controllers where it shows you to pull the tags out. I am once again stuck with an oculus that I can not use and feeling really frustrated. Many thanks in advance for any further suggestions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TiaMaria1980
Explorer

Just wanted to share that the support team have sorted me with an alternate refurbished oculus which WORKS. Absolutely thrilled with the team with sorting this out for me as I was getting rather stressed with it all, but I am now back in my virtual.world and couldn't be happier so just wanted to say thanks after all my moaning

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @TiaMaria1980! We completely understand how it feels to have issues pairing your headset to your mobile app. In order to do this, the headset must first be connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your phone. If you need the controllers to do this, then you can bypass pulling the tabs out by simply removing and reinserting the batteries in the controllers. Feel free to reach back out and let us know if this works. Thanks!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I have tried changing the batteries on the controllers, I have tried to hole down oculus button. I have also tried the other suggestion of pressing y and menu button and then b and oculus button. It does nothing. I have not yet found a way to connect the headset to wifi without either the  controllers or the app

Hey @TiaMaria1980! Thanks for replying. Did you specifically take the batteries out of the controller and re-insert them when the headset was asking you to pull the tabs out of the controllers during setup? Essentially, this tricks the headset into thinking you pulled the tabs out, so it is absolutely necessary to do it at this point in the setup. Thanks!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

So I have tried this and still no joy, I have tried to clear my Bluetooth cache on my phone which of course is not an option on my phone just to complicate things further. I am absolutely sick of all the issues related to oculus, first I can't charge the device that i had for a year and now I am in a circle of issues that just don't seem to have any real solution. For the cost of this device, connectivity and pairing should not be this hard and challenging, it's beyond ridiculous 

Hello, @TiaMaria1980! Thank you for getting in touch with us again. Because we have been in your position previously, we understand how this can interfere with your time. Please allow us to investigate this further for you. To do this, click on this link to create a support ticket.

TiaMaria1980
Explorer

Just wanted to share that the support team have sorted me with an alternate refurbished oculus which WORKS. Absolutely thrilled with the team with sorting this out for me as I was getting rather stressed with it all, but I am now back in my virtual.world and couldn't be happier so just wanted to say thanks after all my moaning

Happy to hear the support team was able to assist and that you're back into the World of VR @TiaMaria1980! If you run into any issues down the road, please don't hesitate to submit a ticket with the team.

See you in-game! 🙂

In the time of your life, live - so that in that wondrous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it.

P.S., I can beat you at One Piece TCG and Black Desert Online.

Can you share how they helped as I’m having the exact same issue

TiaMaria1980
Explorer

GioCavaricci, I had to email them with my issue. They will send you some troubleshooting first and if that doesnt work they recommended it to be sent back to them (my oculus was still under their 2 year warranty) and srns over instructions. Once they received my product they sent me over another refurbished model which started up straight away, it allowed me to sync with my controllers no problem. Good luck