cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some assistance or just confirmation that there is a bug in Oculus PC Version 59.0.0.138.366

TheSilentCircus
Explorer

Hello! 

I've been talking to support back and forth on this one but I've been using the D-Link Air Bridge with my Quest 2 for almost a year now with 0 problems, I noticed when the Quest 3 launched/app updated to show Quest 3 air link function I completely lost my VR Air Bridge capability. 

The strange part is that it shows up as fine and I can even connect to it with my Quest 2 however no PC ever shows up - I've done every single step and I even took it to the extreme and used another PC and freshly installed the components and got the same result. 

Below are some of the screenshots I provided support. 

What the Quest 2 says when I connectWhat the Quest 2 says when I connectThe App says I am connected to it via VR Air BridgeThe App says I am connected to it via VR Air BridgeEven made sure it's on a USB 3+ slot and that it was connectedEven made sure it's on a USB 3+ slot and that it was connected

Everything looks connected - like I previously stated this was my goto way of connecting to Air Link and I literally had 0 issues until the application recently updated itself. I hope a fix is inbound soon! Was really enjoying 7th Guest VR

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TheSilentCircus
Explorer

Hello! Just a bit of an update here - D-Link sent me a replacement unit after a bit of back and forth with them troubleshooting and I received the new unit. I'm happy to report that it was indeed the D-Link unit itself as it worked flawlessly with my system again! 

Thanks for the support!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

TheSilentCircus
Explorer

so v60 launched on the PC app and now the VR Air Bridge completely doesn't broadcast anymore - I was hopeful to see a new update but now whenever I setup the Air Bridge during the "Connect your headset" phase it doesn't even broadcast it's SSID anymore - might have to rip out and re-repair the Oculus PC app to see if things change. 

zushimaru
Honored Guest

they are probably doing what apple does. purposely making the device not work so we'll upgrade.

Hi TheSilenCircus! We are happy to hear how much you are enjoying PCVR gaming with your Quest 2 and Air Bridge. Hearing you are now having issues with connecting to your PC after the most recent updates is discouraging, but we want to let you know that we are here to help you get back to gaming as soon as possible. In order for us to provide the proper support we will need to collect some information regarding your PC. We want to protect your privacy and therefore would ask for you to please send us a PM. 

Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey @thesilentcircus, we wanted to follow up with you to see if you are still needing our assistance with connecting your Quest 2 to your PC. We are here to help and want to get you back to gaming as soon as possible.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hello! I got really excited when v60 dropped however I think my D-Link Air Bridge just refuses to work correctly now - I tried on 2 other PC's the setup completes but now the SSID will not broadcast. During the phase where it says to connect your headset I do not see it in my Quest 2 or my phone in looking for the WiFi. I have reached out to D-Link in hopes that perhaps a new firmware/driver would help but to no avail yet. 

Thanks for the follow-up

Hello there, @thesilentcircus! We like your enthusiasm for VR and its latest developments! We completely understand that you're encountering some issues connecting while utilizing the D-Link Air Bridge. We know how this might affect your VR experience and we'd love to help you get back to enjoying your VR journey! Would you please list every troubleshooting step you have already tried for us?

We're looking forward to hearing back from you and tackling this issue!

Hello! I actually went through all the reset steps, but I feel maybe the Air Bridge itself was the culprit and D-Link have RMA’d my unit - once it returns I am hoping it functions perfectly again. I’ll re-post if there is an issue, hopefully a replacement unit is sent over quickly.

Hey hey, @thesilentcircus! Thanks so much for that quick reply! We appreciate you keeping us updated and hope that the replacement helps get you back on your VR adventure! We would love for you to be able to enjoy VR and the world of possibilities it has to offer!

We are always here to help in any way we can! Please feel free to reach out to us if the issue persists in the near future. Just select our name to get to our profile page. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us!

TheSilentCircus
Explorer

Hello! Just a bit of an update here - D-Link sent me a replacement unit after a bit of back and forth with them troubleshooting and I received the new unit. I'm happy to report that it was indeed the D-Link unit itself as it worked flawlessly with my system again! 

Thanks for the support!

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?