cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to update to windows 10 even though i am running windows 10? [SOLVED]

Misopithicus
Level 4
There is a blue bar at the top of the oculus software that says "Starting January 14, 2020, we will no longer support your version of Windows. Please upgrade to Windows 10. Learn More."  the problem here is, I HAVE WINDOWS 10 ITS EVEN THE PRO VERSION! Please help... Looked everywhere but nobody had this issue?l75tdykjxjdi.pngcuiymhn2cj2r.png

what
26 REPLIES 26

Misopithicus
Level 4

how about a quick hot-fix patch to the oculus software to stop it from incorrectly displaying this message for people who have windows 10?

I'm not an expert, but this seems like the most logical solution to the problem..

asking us to jump through all these hoops to fix it ourselves is like... if i bought a tv from best-buy, and brought it home, and it didn't work properly, then the best-buy employees sent me a saudering kit and instructions on how to trouble-shoot and fix it myself..

just get the annoying blue message off the top of my oculus software, I'm not gonna go through the entire setup process and re-download all my games just because there's an annoying blue message at the top that shouldn't be there..

Maybe I'm way out of line here, but it's just a blue message. as far as i can tell, they are still supporting our version of windows, because we are on the latest version of windows 10. So how far are you willing to go to remove a blue message?

I would just like to say my problem was solved by entering BIOS and doing a windows system check fixed it. The only reason I hated it is because I was always showing it off to people and it just ruined the good look. And please don't be rude about it. I'm not saying you were but I just don't want toxicity here.

phillabust
Level 3

I would just like to say my problem was solved by entering BIOS and doing a windows system check fixed it. The only reason I hated it is because I was always showing it off to people and it just ruined the good look. And please don't be rude about it. I'm not saying you were but I just don't want toxicity here.

No toxicity here, just my opinion on the matter. You're spot on, it's a giant blue eye-sore at the top of the platform. Maybe they could just add a little "x" on it so we can just get rid of it. I'm not sure there's any message that's important enough to be permanently installed at the top of the gaming platform. This would be useful for this and any future messages, whether they are displayed incorrectly or not.

Ad3l_Omar
Level 2
Easy fix is; to right click OculusClient.exe / properties and uncheck Compatibility mode run this in compatibility mode for:.

Dorian69
Level 2
Thank you ad3l_omar it actually worked

So my only question is, will this cause an issue as newer games come out? Meaning will there be an issue with games not running properly because it doesn't have the compatibility mode on? Granted I don't fully understand how it works so I'm just tryna do a double check

DaftnDirect
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

Sorry, late reply to this but compatability mode is used when running older programs on newer operating systems. Some old programs not designed for Windows 10 will need this. New programs will be written for 10 so compatability mode shouldn't be used. Interesting to see this could be one of the causes for the notification.

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v21H2 (19044.2075)

Thanks, mine was set to run in Vista compatibility mode for some reason.  MVP!