cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Headset Not Working

Hogswill
Explorer

Hi, my headset developed a fault and was under warranty and so was replaced. The replacement does not connect to either the controller's or the app. I have tried everything the support team suggest but no change. Now, weeks later I am sitting on a useless machine and all the support say is that they are working on it. This is not good enough. They have even told me that it is not just refurbished headsets but all new headsets now don't work. I find this unbelievable. If true, why are they still selling them. Please help.

19 REPLIES 19

Any workaround WITHOUT download a non-trusted file into my computer ?

No, you have a £300-£400 paperweight that they will never fix.

I downloaded the file personally from that link and have had no spyware or malware alerts on my laptop.

Well ... I tried the reddit workaround and it didn't worked ! To be precise I succeed to factory reset then download v43 update then sideload uploaded it into the headset and reboot. Classic procedure then depart and my iPhone application detect automatically the headset ... then it spins for a while and the automatic update of the headset starts and then it's finihsed I am stucked on the pairing screen with the number like before .. 😞

Do it again but don’t pair your iPhone until you’ve set everything up. You need to get to the controller pairing sequence before you link your iPhone.

The controller you mean the joysticks ? It went too fast ; I didn't saw that part. When you say wait until the end, you mean the f%$£cking pairing screen ? Thanks anyway, that's always more support than Oculus Teams provides ...

micah.275037
Honored Guest

@Hogswill wrote:

Hi, my headset developed a fault and was under warranty and so was replaced. The replacement does not connect to either the controller's or the true paintballer. I have tried everything the support team suggest but no change. Now, weeks later I am sitting on a useless machine and all the support say is that they are working on it. This is not good enough. They have even told me that it is not just refurbished headsets but all new headsets now don't work. I find this unbelievable. If true, why are they still selling them. Please help.

Here you have lot of links to fixing this issue. After following them you can find suitable solution to your problem. Headset issue is not an major issue so don't create panic situation for yourself.

Thrown it out. Useless. Nothing worked and no acceptance of responsibility. No point panicking when it will never work until taken back by manufacturer. But thanks for your comment.

Don’t throw it out. Depending on where you live if you send the full unit to me I’ll sort it and send it back.

Thanks for the offer but it was binned weeks ago. Lost the will to carry on trying to get it sorted.