cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Oculus quest 2 - business account set up required

Anonymous
Not applicable

My son just got his second new oculus quest 2 but this one is asking for a business account. I can not for the life of me figure out how to set this up and he's been waiting for months since his first oculus stop working. Why am I being prompted to set up a business account and given no other option when declining? This has been going on for hours and I am at a loss as to what do to do now regarding set up. I deleted all the old meta information because I could not seem to get that right and started a new meta account but no way to connect the headset with the new account as far as I can tell. Please help!!! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AliceinVRworld
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hello there! I have seen a few of our new incomers to the VR community  buying new Quest 2 (Welcome to the family) and the device having a Business account page instead of a regular log in process. This is not the experience we want our community to have as they just got connected with the VR world.  If possible try to do a factory reset! If that does not clear anything I do recommend getting connected with the retailer if it was not from our website. 

In addition, if the headset is second hand you will need to get connected with the first headset owner as they will need to get connected with Business Support

We are all mad here.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We certainly understand how it can be concerning when you're trying to set up a new headset and run into something like this. We're here to help!

We see you already sent us a PM, so we will happily continue working on this with you there. Talk to you soon!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hello, 

I just received my Oculus quest 2 and it is requiring the same thing from.  purchased through best buy, brand new. This is frustrating because I can't go beyond it requesting me to set up business account. Please advise, it's driving me crazy with frustration. Can you assist me as well

There seem to be lots of reports of old Oculus / Quest for business headsets getting into the supply chain. It has to be a mistake or desperate move by Meta to shift old stock. Return it and get a different one.

kojack
MVP
MVP

Possibly when the business program ended, they probably had a bunch of Quests left over that hadn't sold. So someone thought they could just use them as regular stock, without realising they are pre-flashed with business only firmware.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Several of the posts I've seen have mentioned Best Buy. Perhaps a misnomer.

AliceinVRworld
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hello there! I have seen a few of our new incomers to the VR community  buying new Quest 2 (Welcome to the family) and the device having a Business account page instead of a regular log in process. This is not the experience we want our community to have as they just got connected with the VR world.  If possible try to do a factory reset! If that does not clear anything I do recommend getting connected with the retailer if it was not from our website. 

In addition, if the headset is second hand you will need to get connected with the first headset owner as they will need to get connected with Business Support

We are all mad here.

I recently purchased a an oculus quest 2 for my kids for Christmas. Trying to connect but it keeps saying that we need a business. Account. I don't understand why this is happening k purchased it off Amazon. And they're was no listing anywhere about this not being a normal oculus. Quest 2. Not even in the reviews. Please help 

CJYoder
Honored Guest

Following,  We are having the same issues. I have unhappy people right now! Help! 

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?