cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Oculus stuck on pairing screen.

Jimmywrangles
Honored Guest

My new Oculus 2 arrived and immediately got stuck on the pairing screen.

I've tried everything including several factory resets but it goes straight back to the Pairing with the 5 digit code and from there I'm totally stuck.

I can't do anything if I can't remove that screen, can't connect to my PC can't do anything.

I've noticed a few people have had the same issue, is there a fix?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I fixed my problem by using my mothers phone so it's all good now. Old phones aren't the best for oculus.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

MemphisMadeMe26
Explorer

I'm having the exact same issue with my refurbished Quest. Tech support has been no help. They just keep saying that they're aware of the issue and working on a fix. Meanwhile I'm stuck with a $300 (now $400) paperweight.

Mine is 6 months old and is in good condition! Started doing this 7 days ago! I told them it was the update but they told me theyd get back to me. They havent got back to me and my headset is now on a black screen instead of pairing screen! It got worse and my controllers wont connect! Gardian isnt working? What a stressful headset this has been! I got this to relieve stress not start it!

Hey there! We understand you're having a pairing issue and would like for you to reach out to us via PM with your account information so we can take a look into this! 

Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

So, I reached to Amazon today and explained the situation to them, and that this is my third Quest 2 that has been defective. They agreed to refund me, and the rep said that she's going to email upper management and tell them that so many Quest 2 units are defective. I can't even imagine the number of returns that they and other retailers are going to see as a result of this pairing failure!

I fixed my problem by using my mothers phone so it's all good now. Old phones aren't the best for oculus.

This is not acceptable anymore. Your launching a new device. Your taking my money and running. Your leaving me trampled and broken and lying in the dust while you ride out on your shiny new pro. It is clear to me now that this forum is a pacifier and I refuse to be pacified any longer. Fix my device or give me back my money.

what phone did you use? and what software version did the phone have?

How u do it

How new? I have iPhone 11