cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Quest 2 Cannot be paired with iphone & android

darthwinz
Honored Guest

Bought a new Quest 2 and cannot get it to pair using oculus app on both iphone and android. The oculus app ask for account merging with facebook (since I was logged-in using existing oculus account), it then opened the facebook app and authenticated, then it goes back to the oculus app's account merging page, but nothing happen. Tried many things, including re-installing both oculus and facebook app, tried on different phones, tried logging in directly with facebook account, and nothing helps...

Opened a ticket with oculus support and got advised that this is a known issue that they are trying to fix. This is a frustrating experience since the oculus quest 2 is completely useless without pairing with fb account, so now I have an expensive paperweight on my desk..

Wondering if anyone experience the same issue.

27 REPLIES 27

Hey there, XxNavigator! We have received many reports of users being unable to login, sign-up and access their accounts. Our engineering team is already working on this and it will be fixed as soon as possible. We are really sorry for the inconvenience, and totally understand how much you would like to use your Oculus right now and have fun. We kindly ask for your patience while we resolve this issue!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Bought mine 4 hours ago and they said be patient. They barely became aware of the issue supposedly. Worse support ever. I will take mine back if it is not working by Monday.

It is a global issue. Nothing you can do. They say they are trying to fix it today but it has been going on since yesterday.

Getzaberry
Honored Guest

On the app, whether I use the browser or app it takes me back to the oculus app to hit login with facebook again.

On pc it acts like i never tried to login to facebook

Yes. I appears as though there is a login problem with Facebook for all new devices. I find that trying to login directly with a facebook account doesn’t work, and neither does merging. There are a few other threads about it, and Oculus has been working on it since yesterday. Pretty annoying for sure.

I'm having the same issue,  I just bought like 2 hours ago and I can't add the device either, everytime I hit login it sends me back to the previous page back and forth.

The quest is showing a code to connect it to the app but I can't find a place to enter the code

I'm getting the same thing. I think you enter the pairing code AFTER you authenticate with facebook, which is broken since yesterday. I got my Quest 2 yesterday and haven't been able to use it yet....

You've been kindly asking for our patience since yesterday. I've been a network engineer and could have fixed this in 20 minutes....

Some people on reddit have reported getting through, but it seems to be random luck and persistence to hit at just the right momment. Until they fix it, you're pretty much SOL just like me. I've been trying since yesterday to no avail, and support was about as helpful as banging my head of the wall.