cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Quest 2 battery draining rather quickly

SilentThrob
Level 3

Hello I just got my brand new Quest 2 and the battery is draining 1-2% a hour in sleep mode. I can play a game for 2 hours after fully charged. I am just using the stock battery. Is this normal? I have disabled the auto wake feature but still experience the same discharge during sleep. I have read a lot of different posts that people either get a lot better battery drain percentage or some get the same battery drain as I do. Should I get an external battery to circumvent this? I have contacted oculus support but haven't heard back yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TheAntiSocializer
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

@SilentThrob Well, technically 2 hours sounds about right for what its being used for. Gameplay does take quite some battery to run everything smoothly with the constant display requirement changes. 

All in all, it seems to be working just right to be honest. 

If you want more battery life, you might want to try out the elite strap with battery to add some but 2 ish hours of gameplay sounds about right, yeah.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

TheAntiSocializer
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

@SilentThrob Well, technically 2 hours sounds about right for what its being used for. Gameplay does take quite some battery to run everything smoothly with the constant display requirement changes. 

All in all, it seems to be working just right to be honest. 

If you want more battery life, you might want to try out the elite strap with battery to add some but 2 ish hours of gameplay sounds about right, yeah.

The Anti Socializer thanks for your help. I will definitely check out a strap with a battery.