cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

New Quest 2 user here...pcvr stutter is still an issue it seems πŸ˜’

BoringEagle
Protege

-3060ti, i7 12th gen, 64gb ram

Ive had a quest 2 for about a week. Familiar with and used other headsets in the past (friends/family). Was excited to have my own headset finally. So, the native quest apps and environment are fine and smooth. BUT the moment I go into Oculus link/airlink i get these intermittent microstutters every time I move or turn my head. Ive tried every workaround i could find on the interwebs and nothing has removed/fixed the frequent movement/tracking stutter. My rig exceeds the specs and my router/internet is fine, but the oculus app doesnt want to play nice with steam vr, particularly with HL Alyx. The stutter/frame jump issue is hard to look at and making my experience terrible. After reading many posts, forums and articles on the subject I find its very common apparently? Many have said its actually gotten worse with updates. The fact that these intermittent stutter issues were apparently better or non-existent for the very same people in previous versions clearly indicates a software/update issue rather than a hardware or setup issue. Im inclined to believe its software side and recent updates have broken something that was working previously. If I cant get this figured out within 2 weeks (return period), i will fix the issue myself, by returning my Quest to where I bought it and getting a reverb or index! 

26 REPLIES 26

Hey there kzolee216! We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We recommend trying to repair the PC app, and uninstall and reinstall the PC app. If you have already tried these and they haven't worked then please reach out to support with your log files and let them know the troubleshooting you have already tried.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Booooring and waste of time. I've already present logs, the support is asking for them again after 6 iterations and they're suggesting things I already wrote I've tried.

In another thread other community manager confirmed that the engineering team are working on this issue, so what's the state now?

SAME. I went above and beyond, presented my logs, ran the app they asked me to run ("route this app"), tried all the things they asked, nothing fixed the issue. STILL waiting on an answer as to what to do now! Radio silence from customer support at this point. Thank GOD VD as least works smoothly for pcvr, otherwise Id have already returned my Quest 2 to the store where i bought it. Its infuriating that the issue is pretty clearly on the oculus software side yet they refuse to admit it! I jumped through all their hoops, and Ive yet to get any working answer on how to fix this constant movement-related microstutter situation introduced by the recent update. The second I get into link/airlink (white floor room) it starts spazzing. Virtual desktop does the very same thing as airlink, allowing you to play pcvr, and yet works flawlessly. Oculus has WAY more money than the VD devs, yet cant roll back or fix a simple update? Whats going on here? Where is the fix!?!?! Where is customer support?!?

cheeeze
Explorer

Both my friend and I are experiencing the same issues.

Quest 2 via Airlink is broken since the last 2 updates. It has nothing to do with our setups or wifis. This thing is broken and is collecting dust.

We are both awaiting for FIXES from the oculus software

JahLove972
Honored Guest

Thank god I'm not alone !!
Literally got 4090 and 13900k and all the 5ghz etc and still run through horrible stutters using AirLink.
Using as a standalone its smooth as butter but **bleep** that airlink connection is crap. I tried all the fixes in the book, and honestly having to put the headset on and off just for troubleshooting was the worst experience.

Like you I finally decided that VD was the way, still a little bit of stutter there and there but nothing too bad.

For the people going VD and Steam VR, did you find a way to force steam to 120hz ?
I didnt have an issue using airlink, but with VD cant seem to get steam above 72 even if VD and the headset experimental are set to 120hz...

BoringEagle
Protege

I tried 120hz, issue still persists.

fatal88
Expert Protege

Same here, I've tried different resolutions and refresh rate, issue persists, no matter the configuration.

Same here. I tired mb bios update, issue persists...

I was in the latest bios, it was released in May for my mobo.
The issue is either in the Oculus PC software or in the headset's.

BoringEagle
Protege

Since VD performs the exact same function as airlink and has zero issues for me...I can only assume the issue is with oculus software as well. I havent tried 120hz on VD, as 72hz seems fine and buttery smooth most of the time for me. So not sure about that. That said what OS are you using? I was literally told by support today that "compatibility with Windows 11 is 'temporary' and might be an issue" as its not officially supported; also they reiterated that there "might not be support for windows 11 in the future." Mind. Blown. Its 2022, my pc is only a few months old and came with win 11. Its the current mainstream OS. I just bought the quest in the past 2 weeks, in Nov 2022, and its not actually compatible with the current OS!?! Bizarre! Never heard of a product that doesnt prioritize dev for the current OS versions! Planned obsolescence? At any rate, thats all I got. Issue persists, but Im convinced its the software since VD works flawlessly for me. Might be a general incompatibility issue with Win 11, or a recent update that caused these issues. Dunno. Still waiting on next steps from support. sigh.