cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Quest 3 - Steam Link worked fine, after update night constant WI-FI disconnects

Niemand0815
Honored Guest

Hi guys,

two days ago I bought a brand new Quest 3. I wanted to exclusively use with Steam Link.

I installed Steam Link, played Beat Saber, everything worked fine. Over night some updates installed, I assume, and now the Quest 3 is constantly loosing the WI-FI signal. I can't play for 5s without stutter and more than a minute without disconnect.

I did a factory reset just now, but it didn't change anything. I even repositioned the router so it's like 1.5m away from me, but it didn't change anything.

Help!

My router is a Fritzbox 6660 Cable, with WI-FI 6.

2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Niemand0815. We appreciate you reaching out for assistance with your Wi-Fi disconnection issues. We understand how this is interfering with your time in the virtual reality world and are happy to assist you. Since you have mentioned doing some troubleshooting of your own, we want to add maybe trying a different network as well as remove any third-party accessories that may affect communication with the headset. Then we want to ask you to go to this link and make sure everything is in order. There are additional troubleshooting steps that may help resolve your issue. If you still need further assistance, please let us know, and we will be happy to proceed accordingly. We appreciate your time and look forward to hearing back from you. Talk soon!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello again, @Niemand0815! Just wanted to check back and with you to see if everything was resolved or if you need additional help! We're looking forward to hearing back from you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?