cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New oculus setup

Spotzy_vr
Protege

I had a problem and I had to get a new oculus and I’m trying to setup the oculus that I got as a replacement. I’m stuck on the screen that shows to take out the tabs on the controllers and it won’t pair to my phone. What do I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I just had to try another phone 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Spotzy_vr! We hate to hear that you are having problems pairing your controllers with your device. We know how having to deal with this can hinder your VR experience, and we're happy to look into this with you! 

• Could you please provide a screenshot or picture of any errors that you see when you are trying to pair your controllers?
  • Could you please let us know if you are seeing different pairing codes for the device and controllers?
  • Have you checked your Wi-Fi to make sure that it is secure and that there are not multiple devices on it at the same time?

Please provide as much information as you can about what you are experiencing. Once we have more information, we will be able to better assist you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Right now I’m just trying to get the oculus to pair and I’m having problems. I’ve heard you are having problems with iOS and I should do it with an android first and then iOS will work but I don’t have an android to use.

Hey there, @Spotzy_vr. Thank you for the reply. We know that pairing issues is not very thrilling experience; however, for us to better assist you, we would need to have you send in a copy of the error message if possible.

Have you reset the headset in order to get any needed updates? If not, here is how.

To restart your headset:

1. With your headset on and powered on, press and hold the power button on the right side of your headset until you see the Power off screen.
  2. Select Restart.  Your headset will turn off and then turn back on.

If you're unable to restart your headset:

1. Press and hold the power button for at least 10 seconds. This will manually turn off your headset.
  2. Wait 30 seconds.
  3. Press and hold the power button until your headset turns back on.

Please let us know if you have any questions and how things are going.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I trie that now and it still didn’t work

Hey there, @Spotzy_vr. Thank you for the reply and letting us know that the above troubleshooting steps didn't work.

We understand how inconvenient it may be for you, so we'd like to share some steps to make that happen.

Have you done a factory reset with using a cloud backup? If not, here is how to do it.

To perform a factory reset using your phone:

1. Open the Meta Quest app on your phone.
  2. Tap Devices in the bottom menu.
  3. Tap the headset connected to your phone.
  4. Tap Advanced Settings.
  5. Tap Factory Reset and then Reset.

To perform a factory reset using the headset:

1. Turn off your headset.
  2. Hold the power and volume (-) buttons on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
  4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

Please let us know how it goes so we can determine if any additional steps are necessary.

There is nothing on there because I’m trying to set it up and it’s not pairing. I got a refurbished one yesterday and I’m trying to set it up.

And yes, I’ve tried to factory reset it 

Thank you for letting us know. We will need to look into this further through our support page. Once there, we will have more tools to better assist you.

Once you click the link, please follow these steps:

1. Click on the Software or content icon.
  2. Then click on the last option that says "Other software or content issue."
  3. After that, you will be able to reach out to us via email, chat, WhatsApp, or a scheduled callback request

We look forward to hearing from you and helping you further!

Spotzy_vr
Protege

I’m in the middle of setting up my refurbished headset and there’s a screen that says to pair to the oculus app to continue. It’s already paired because I had to connect the controllers. I can’t get passed that screen, what do I do?

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?