cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to VR

PKMNTrainerOrange
Honored Guest

Hello,

I am new to the VR world. I bought a Quest 2 yesterday and was greeted with a message in the Oculus app on my PC saying that my PC doesn't meet minimum specs. I tried a link anyway and at least Assetto Corsa seems to work mostly fine and the headset itself says that the requirements are met. Which one is correct and what can I expect to happen without reaching minimum specs?

I also get a message saying to change the Runtime to OpenXR or something, when I try to, nothing happens. I have tried running it as admin and still no change. I also cannot run the debug tool as an Admin, I get an error message saying something about servers not being reached.

Specs below:

Ryzen 5 5600x

Radeon RX 6650XT

16 gb ram

1 tb ssd

4 tb hhd

Windows 10 home

Thanks to everyone for the assistance.

2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @PKMNTrainerOrange. We see you're having issues with your PCVR experience and are glad to offer some assistance in improving your gameplay. Based on the specs you gave us it looks like you do meet the minimum requirements for PCVR on your Quest 2. There's also a link here with a little more information about requirements and compatibility for your PC. Updating your drivers may be a simple fix to the issue with the message you're receiving. Not meeting the minimum requirements can affect your experience in terms of lower-quality game play performance and apps that won't run or load at all. As far as OpenXR, is there something specific you're trying to do? If so let us know! It may also be helpful to check out this link here which brings you to our forum thread about Runtime with OpenXR and Steam for game play. There's also an additional resource here. For your debug tool issue there is a how-to article we'll link here that we hope is helpful in offering you a fix to that problem. Let us know if these recommendations worked or not and if you still have questions about the OpenXR or debug tool issue so we can get you some deeper insight or guidance on this. We're looking forward to your response!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @PKMNTrainerOrange! Just checking in to see if this information was able to get your situation sorted out. If you are still running into issues, please reach out and we can continue to work with you on your situation. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?