cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie headset

YeetkingTobias
Honored Guest

Hi 

I bought my son a rift headset for Xmas (the black one). 

How do we set it up (no instructions ) we've charged the headset up  but do we need a pc to get it up and running.

I've downloaded the oculus app on his phone and set up an account for him but we are alittle lost as to why its not working. 

There isn't a button on the headset to turn it on so not sure if we've done it right. Have looked on Google but alittle lost to what we need to do. 

Many thanks 

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out!

We love to hear that you chose one of our products to bring into your home. As such, we want to do our best to help you get started with it!

Speaking of, check out our handy "Get Started with Oculus Rift S" article here so that you can get your son online and gaming! Also, incase you meant the original Rift, and not the Rift S, check out the Getting started with Rift" article here

Please reach back out should you have any other questions. Happy (belated) holidays!!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?