cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newest Drivers Update Bugged?

Gaijin01
Explorer
Today I opened Oculus Home and I got the "New drivers are required..." message, and then "Please update and wait for drivers to install and the software to be restarted" 
I clicked update, the windows disappeared and now nothing. Nothing ever happened and the software won't run because it says it's updating. I am worried to reboot in case it's doing a firmware update or something. I see "oculus-driver.exe" running in task manager with no cpu or disk usage.
6 REPLIES 6

cybereality
Grand Champion
I'd just try restarting your computer and trying again. The firmware update should be able to recover, even if you pull the USB cord mid-way through.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Gaijin01
Explorer
It kept doing the same thing, I found the file "oculus-driver.exe" and ran it by itself, and it seemed to work.

Gaijin01
Explorer
Hmm it seems sound now only plays through the speakers and will not play through the headphones any longer no matter what setting I change it to...

Gaijin01
Explorer
Hmm sound plays though the computer speakers when the headset is on, when I take the headset off it stops. I cant seem to get any audio whatsoever though the rift headphones.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Try going into Device Manager and right-clicking the Headphones (Rift Audio) under Audio inputs and outputs and choosing "Update Driver Software..." or if that doesn't work "Uninstall"
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Gaijin01
Explorer
Rift audio was not there at all. I rand the "oculus-driver.exe" file again and it seemed to put it back, working ok now.