cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newest Meta Quest 2 Software Update

Twilight_Aquila
Protege

Hello, does anyone know how big the next Meta Quest 2 Software Update will be? And, do you know if it has already come out, or when it will come out? I am just curious. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey there, @Twilight_Aquila, we can answer this one! And would be more than happy to do so.

We do not have any set dates for releases, and currently have no announcements on any release dates for the next major patch. However, you can keep an eye on updates here: Meta Quest release notes

As J40NYR mentioned, the last update was Version 62 on the 7th of February 2024. Let us know if you have any questions. or If you are having issues and hope the next update will fix them, feel free to reach out to us any time and we would love to see if we can help!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

J40NYR
MVP
MVP

hi @Twilight_Aquila 

The latest software update is Version 62 or 63 on the beta (public test channel)

I believe the updates are about 1.2gb in size although the headset likes to have a bit more so you may find you have to have 2-3gb to download.

Hope this helps

Jonny

Quest 2, Quest 3, PCVR, Meta Wayfarer

Hello, do you know when the newest Software update will get released or has it already been released?

Hey there, @Twilight_Aquila, we can answer this one! And would be more than happy to do so.

We do not have any set dates for releases, and currently have no announcements on any release dates for the next major patch. However, you can keep an eye on updates here: Meta Quest release notes

As J40NYR mentioned, the last update was Version 62 on the 7th of February 2024. Let us know if you have any questions. or If you are having issues and hope the next update will fix them, feel free to reach out to us any time and we would love to see if we can help!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hello, I had a left controller for my Meta Quest 2 that worked well but there were some minor issues with it. When I would use apps that would allow me to move around, some of them would glitch out.

Wander was one of the apps that I would use a lot. When I would try to zoom in, it would zoom out as I would zoom in. This overall prevented me from using it as I couldn't zoom in.

Things like that would happen with my left controller. Then, I ordered a second left controller to see if that had the same issues. It didn't. So, my first left controller could have been broken or something. Could the new controller fix the issue with Wander?

And, so there isn't any new Software updates in the immediate future? As in the next few days or weeks? I am literally just curious. 

Hi @Twilight_Aquila! That's a great question! Since Wander is an app developed by a different company, we'd have to say that would be a question for them, as we don't have the resources to answer that. We have provided a link to contact their support team. If you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask, we're always here to help.