cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Computer Audio in HORIZON WORKROOMS

CapnLenny
Honored Guest

I am using a MacBook Air 13 (just before the M1 sadly) and have the Oculus Destktop Remote working smoothly other than for audio.  The image is perfectly clear and has very little to no lag.  My only issue is the no computer audio coming out of my headset.  For me this is a major issue and honestly a deal breaker.  Currently I'm not even trying this in a workroom with a shared screen.  I am simply trying this in the "private office" you are given.  Granted I can still hear the audio coming out of my computer with the headset on.  However my main reason for using this is to create a private work space with no distractions from the outside world.  That also goes for me distracting the outside world with my audio.  From what I am seeing on here this isn't a me issue but what seems like a standard and basic feature just not being available.  

If I am simply doing something wrong I would definitely appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction.  Or if someone from oculus Support could tell me why this isn't a feature that would be great. Thank you for your help.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

PoseidonFs1
Explorer

I had to enable the Virtual Audio Device in my sound settings, then disconnect and reconnect.

1. Right-click the audio icon on the right side of your Windows bar.
  2. Select sound settings.
  3. Scroll down and choose "All Sound Devices."
  4. Locate and select "Virtual Audio Device."
  5. Allow it in the general section.
  6. Disconnect and reconnect Horizon Workrooms from inside your headset.

This solution may vary depending on the operating system, so just Google the equivalent steps for Windows 10/macOSX.
Hope this works for you. 😎

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello! Our Oculus team is looking into this issue around some trouble with Remote Desktop not working right for Horizon Workrooms. We don't have a set timeline to share right now on a resolution, but the team is aware, investigating, and working on a resolution. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

LaDiiFLiiY
Honored Guest

I'm having the same issue. No reason to use Workrooms if my co-workers can't hear what I'm playing if I have to play a video. 

Hey there! We know how hindering audio issues can be, and we would be more than happy to help get this sorted out for you! We do have a few questions first, to clarify the issue:

• Are these audio issues only within Workrooms, or is it occurring with any other apps?
  • Have you checked the audio input on your PC?
  • Have you tried restarting both your headset and the PC, as well as checking for any updates possibly needed?

If you've tried these steps already, or if they do not resolve the issue, please reach out to us here for further assistance.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

UbarWolfie
Honored Guest

Hello.  Same problem here.   Windows works fine, but not on my laptop.  Audio coming from computer - not the headset... already tried settings in Mac OS and no option to change it to Meta Q Pro.  

see below please

PoseidonFs1
Explorer

I had to enable the Virtual Audio Device in my sound settings, then disconnect and reconnect.

1. Right-click the audio icon on the right side of your Windows bar.
  2. Select sound settings.
  3. Scroll down and choose "All Sound Devices."
  4. Locate and select "Virtual Audio Device."
  5. Allow it in the general section.
  6. Disconnect and reconnect Horizon Workrooms from inside your headset.

This solution may vary depending on the operating system, so just Google the equivalent steps for Windows 10/macOSX.
Hope this works for you. 😎

Hey there, @PoseidonFs1. Thank you for sharing that update with us. We're happy to hear you were able to resolve that sound issue. The audio experience is definitely a big part of the overall VR experience. We'd also like to express our thanks for sharing what worked for you with the rest of the users in this thread. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns moving forward, and we would be happy to assist you. Thanks again, and happy gaming!

I'm also facing this problem. My setup:

- MacBook pro 16"

- Meta Quest 3

- Workspaces version: 1.15

The original question was posted for MacOS, and as I see none of the users that reported the problem in Mac got a resolution...

Hey there, @spbernardes! We understand that you're having some issues when using Workrooms in VR. We know that this can prevent you from having the full VR experience, so we'd love to help! We'd recommend taking a look at our Requirements to use Meta Quest Link article so that you know what you need to have a successful VR experience! If you have any other question's or issues, let us know! Thank you for your patience!