cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No audio when casting microphone-enabled applications on Quest 2

opteragroup
Honored Guest

Hey all,

I've been struggling with this for almost a week now and found no solution. I am trying to stream my headset via casting but the audio goes away every time I load an application that uses a microphone. It works in Oculus Home and other games (like Beat Saber) but when I tried VRChat or any other social applications it no longer streams any audio.

Does anyone have a solution for streaming/casting microphone-enabled applications?

4 REPLIES 4

PITTCANNA
Visionary

Hey all,

I've been struggling with this for almost a week now and found no solution. I am trying to stream my headset via casting but the audio goes away every time I load an application that uses a microphone. It works in Oculus Home and other games (like Beat Saber) but when I tried VRChat or any other social applications it no longer streams any audio.

Does anyone have a solution for streaming/casting microphone-enabled applications?

Unfortunately it doesn't capture voice a limitation of the phone app.

opteragroup
Honored Guest

PITTCANNA said:

Hey all,

Hi PITTCANNA,

Thanks for the reply. I understand that it doesn't capture my voice but I'm confused on why the game sound is totally silent. I tried using both Oculus Developer Hub and using webcasting (oculus.com/casting) as well and it just goes silent when the app enters the stage where the microphone is enabled.

PITTCANNA
Visionary

PITTCANNA said:

Hey all,

Hi PITTCANNA,

Thanks for the reply. I understand that it doesn't capture my voice but I'm confused on why the game sound is totally silent. I tried using both Oculus Developer Hub and using webcasting (oculus.com/casting) as well and it just goes silent when the app enters the stage where the microphone is enabled.

VR chat doesn't allow it due to privacy and other permissions because other users voices are going.  Some social games locks out casting.

ProTT_VR
Honored Guest
hey 🙂

did u find a solution 2 that?
coz i have the exact same problem but couldnt find an answer anywhere...
for me its 'eleven table tennis VR' - all good when i start the game but after a few seconds it goes silent...

also,do u know if there is there a way 2 record the quest2 audio and mic with OBS?