cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No hand tracking in Quest Link

mitja_bonca
Protege

Hand tracking is not working in Quest Link. I can only see the Palm Pinch gestures, so I can at least return to the main screen. 

I use Quest Link to start the games from it, so I would like to use hand tracking there as well. I can use hand tracking every where else, just not inside the Quest Link. And idea how to make it work, or some software update is necessary?

Quest Pro versions:

Headset: 56.0.0.171.656

Oculus app: 56.0.0.193.155

everything else is up to date.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

@mitja_bonca  Not currently possible with Quest headsets with any PCVR using a Link cable or wireless with Air Link.  Maybe one day, who knows?  In the meantime hand tracking continues to improve with Quest standalone home and apps.  Maybe do a little Google Research if you’d like more information.   Pretty well all I can tell you so bye and good luck mate.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

View solution in original post

TheLegend27
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

I'm not too keen on the technicalities for why Hand Tracking isn't supported for Quest Presence Platform features over Link, but I know I'd definitely appreciate this function, too. I highly recommend opening up an Idea if you haven't already! Our Product & Development teams are always looking through the top ideas to get insights on what the community is looking for in future releases.

Technology, at a certain level of sophistication, is indistinguishable from magic. - some wise guy or something probably

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

@mitja_bonca  Link and Air Link do not support hand tracking.  Apparently if you use Virtual Desktop you can use rudimentary hand tracking through SteamVR but it’s not suitable for gaming because it’s limited to 30fps.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Is it not possible what so ever, or it can be done?

jimmie.312807
Protege

Is it already on the roadmap? If not, @Ryanality, could it be considered, please? We have hand tracking in the Oculus home, and hand tracking in PCVR games, just not in the Quest Link launch area.

@mitja_bonca  Not currently possible with Quest headsets with any PCVR using a Link cable or wireless with Air Link.  Maybe one day, who knows?  In the meantime hand tracking continues to improve with Quest standalone home and apps.  Maybe do a little Google Research if you’d like more information.   Pretty well all I can tell you so bye and good luck mate.

mitja_bonca
Protege

Fix that please. I hate using controllers, since even if I use them only inside Meta Link (each time for about 5 seconds - 1 click), the batteries are so bad, that I have to recharge them every week. Thats the most bothering thing here. So I would like to get rid of there controllers.

Why not? What technical reasons are there? Because there should be no reason that the quest link ENVIRONMENT should not be hand tracked and pinch enabled. 

Thx for asking @TEMPEST.114 . I would also like to hear the answer to that question. Its a software driven, so I also don't see any technical obstacles.

Randallyz450f
Explorer

i vote for this too.   if the Quest can see the "pinch gesture" it has the capabilities to track the hands.

Oculus Team please fix this.

TheLegend27
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

I'm not too keen on the technicalities for why Hand Tracking isn't supported for Quest Presence Platform features over Link, but I know I'd definitely appreciate this function, too. I highly recommend opening up an Idea if you haven't already! Our Product & Development teams are always looking through the top ideas to get insights on what the community is looking for in future releases.

Technology, at a certain level of sophistication, is indistinguishable from magic. - some wise guy or something probably
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?