cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No longer charges past 97%

ChasingGhosts99
Protege

Ever since the v47 update, my device won't charge past 97%.  The light stays orange.  I have to hard reset the device and even that isn't guaranteed.

Also, some software shows it's installing, but stays that way until, again, I reboot the device.  Why does Oculus have so many issues and why aren't these causght in testing??  Seems to be a standard with Oculus after an update.  Frustrating to say the least.

28 REPLIES 28

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ChasingGhosts99! We know how it feels having charging issues, and that's never a fun position to be in! We would love to help get this resolved for you. To start, we'd like to go over the best practices to maintain optimal battery life. Here are a couple tips:

• Fully power-down the device when it's not in use, rather than just putting it to sleep
  • Leaving your Meta Quest 2 or Meta Quest on the charger after it has been fully charged can reduce the overall battery life over time. This is especially true with leaving the device to charge overnight, which will strongly affect the battery life when done regularly
  • If you aren’t planning to use your headset after charging, power it off after unplugging

Since you've already performed a factory reset, we recommend reaching out to our support team here for further assistance. We look forward to hearing from you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I am currently having the same issue. very tempted to get another one if this problem keeps up. I tried factory resets and I know for sure my warranty is up. 

Rachel FORST

Hey there, @NightmareGirl2021! We hate to see that you are having trouble with your headset not fully charging. We know how having to deal with this can hinder having an enjoyable VR experience, and we would be happy to help you with this issue!

So we can look into this further, could you please send us a private message? You can send us a private message by selecting our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember that you must be signed in to the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

brycecrusty
Honored Guest

Having this issue now in 2023, ever since the new software update came out my headset charges very slowly and won’t go past 97%. It will say it’s 100% but the second I unplug it, it drops back down to 97%. It’s really frustrating and idk what to do.

I’m having the same problem and it’s making me so mad

AliceinVRworld
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey there! If this issue continues I do recommend getting connected with Meta Store Support! Just send them a PM through the forums. This is not the experience I want our community to have and know how this is taking time away from the VR world. 

We are all mad here.

It's definitely a software/firmware issue..  I've read on different forums, the same thing happening.  But really only started after v47.  I ended up sending mine in and getting a refurbished.  Then, after only having it a few months, it stuck at 97% again!   Then, it somehow fixed itself.  It's a software issue that Meta refuses to fix.

fampraynplay
Honored Guest

Hello ,

I purchased the Quest 2, we played it for the first time yesterday and we have yet to get 1 full hour of play before the battery dies.  Is this some sort of joke?

Please Advise!

l-chilly-l
Honored Guest

my quest 2 headset was at 100% charge before i plugged it in to my pc, i played for about 20 minutes then my quest 2 suddenly died with no warning. 

on stand alone mode it can go 2 hours before it dies