cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No multimodal on v64?

raygon2000
Explorer

I've just updated to v64 today, while the pass through experience is much better, I noticed that multi-modal (where the quest tracks both controller and hands at the same time allowing for instant swapping between them, or even controller in one hand and hand tracking on other hand.) wasn't working anymore. I've tried looking in settings, couldn't find a way to enable it. I've also tried restarting quest, turning hand and body tracking off and on, and it still would not work. Has anyone else had this problem, if so could you solve it? Thanks.

18 REPLIES 18

WootM4ge
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey there, @raygon2000! Thanks for bringing this to the Meta Community Forums! From what I've found, it doesn't appear the multi-modal tracking feature doesn't work in conjunction with body tracking at the moment. You may need to have body tracking disabled in order to take advantage of the multi-modal tracking feature. It's also worth mentioning that fast and wide hand tracking cannot be enable in order to utilize multi-modal tracking. If you don't mind giving this a try (disabling the previously mentioned tracking settings) to see if multi-modal tracking works properly, it would be great appreciated! If you're still having troubles after turning of the settings, please let me know, as I want to bring this up to our internal team to look into further if the feature isn't currently functioning as intended. I hope to hear from you soon!

"They say that the best blaze burns the brightest when circumstances are at their worst."

That is strange. I was able to have multimodal enabled, while also having body tracking in games. Wide hand tracking on the other hand, I also don't believe I can turn off body tracking since body tracking and hand tracking are combined in one on/off switch. Turning one off turns the other off too. Wide hand tracking, I don't know where the setting for that is, I have tried looking.

Any updates? Ive factory resetted my quest and still missing the feature. Personally it was by far the best feature to be added for the quest 3, and I enjoyed using it a lot but now its missing.

WootM4ge
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey, @raygon2000, thank you for trying those steps and my apologies for the late reply. That's certainly interesting, because from what I can tell the feature wasn't removed from any of the release notes. I'd recommend using the "Report a Problem" feature, so that out engineers can collect some information and have a better chance of resolving the issue. I'd recommend trying to join the PTC to see if v65 has corrected any of these bugs as I've seen most soft patches go live in the PTC before the live test channel. Here are some steps on how to join the PTC: Meta Quest PTC. I hope this is able to help! Please feel free to share any update or news you come across along the way!

"They say that the best blaze burns the brightest when circumstances are at their worst."

AborigenNik
Explorer

I also have a Meta Quest 3, with update version 65. My friend has the same headset. It has a multimodal feature that mine doesn't have. This feature is not activated anywhere in the settings. What should I do? How can I enable it? And yes, I connected to PTC but to no avail. All the same functions are enabled as my friend, but again, he has this function, I don't.. 

WootM4ge
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey @AborigenNik and @raygon2000! Thanks for reaching out with your concern and questions, @AborigenNik! If y'all could both get back to me with your full headset version number. (64.0.0.###.###, 65.0.0.###.###) and your controller firmware number, which can be found in the mobile app under your headset's settings once your phone and headset are paired. With this information, I'll be able to provide the team with details that will help them get to the bottom of this issue. I look forward to hearing back from y'all and any new users to the thread that are also experiencing this issue. Thanks for the patience!

AborigenNik
Explorer
Version: 65.0.0.548.344.596219384
Runtime version: 65.0.0.548.344.596219384
OS Version: SQ3A.220605.009.A1
Reset it to factory settings, the function appeared before the device was rebooted. As soon as the helmet was turned off and turned on , the function disappeared and no longer appears. 

Thank you for the requested information, @AborigenNik! I've gone ahead and provided the team with this information to see if we can get some answers about this feature not working properly. I'll keep an eye out for updates from the team, and I'll be sure to relay them here when I do. Thank you both for your patience during this time! Feel free to let me know any other information that may be of use to the team!

WootM4ge
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey everyone! I got an update from the team, and it appears they were already aware of this issue, so it's actively being worked on! I'll continue to reach out to the team for updates regarding a resolution to this issue and I'll be sure to provide any news I receive here. Thank you all for your patience!

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?