cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No option for oculus link cable on quest

VodoBoy
Honored Guest

I have a quest 2 and a PC I have played through the PC before using air link. The first time I try to use the official cable and it charges the quest and says it's connected on my PC oculus app but nothing happens when I use my quest, no option to link with my PC shows up and I can find none in the menus. I have also disabled the air link in the settings, updated my Nvidia, and made sure I'm not on the Public test channel (PTC), and it goes without saying I've restarted my quest and the Oculus app multiple times. Still, no options show on the quest. PLEASE HELP

3 REPLIES 3

PITTCANNA
Visionary

Did you disable air-link before using wired link?

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there VodoBoy, we always want to make sure players can play the games they want. We'll do our absolute best to you back into the game again and get your Oculus experience up to 100%! Below we've outlined some troubleshooting steps you could try to ease any potential link issues.

Are there any updates to Windows/GPU/USB?

Sometimes there may be outdated drivers or pending updates that could interfere with the Link and its performance. I've included a guide on how to check for updates to your drivers here! The article is titled for Rift/Rift S but applies to Quest/Quest 2 as well.

For Windows, there's an article on how to check for updates here!

If updates are found for either, make sure you restart your PC once they are complete, then try to use Link again.

Game Mode may conflict with some VR applications.

In Windows 10, there is a feature called "Game Mode". Game Mode appears to reduce or eliminate background processes and focuses performance on the active game. This could interfere with the Oculus software, as it needs multiple processes running simultaneously to function properly. Try disabling Game Mode, then attempt using Link again.

Open the Windows Settings menu

Click on Gaming

Click Game Mode

Toggle Game Mode off

Try another cable

Some cables lack the ability to transfer power or data. It's ideal to use the official link cable or a third party USB C cable, and not the charging cable that comes in the box, as this is designed for charging the device and not for link gameplay. While some users may report the charging cable working for link capability, we cannot offer any guarantees.

Submit a Support Ticket.

Collect Oculus Diagnostic Logs and submit them in a support ticket here so that we may look over them and confirm any conflicting software, PC/System updates and inconsistencies.

If you have any questions, we'd be happy to help! Cheers!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Ray2theJ
Honored Guest

@VodoBoy - I had the exact same issue

The answer for me was down to my hardware - although I had USB 3.0, this wasn't enough

Multiple sources advise the link cable won't connect with anything under USB 3.2 gen1 - will charge fine but not connect

I had an old v8 hero board with i7-6700k do upgraded to a current board with 3.2 gen 2 and instantly resolved and connected via the oculus windows app

Not sure if there's a cheaper alternative that a new board 

@MetaQuestSupport should be able to verify this or send the link to any compatibility pages