cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No option to login to desktop app via meta account

Messerschmitt.86
Honored Guest

Hello, I bought a new meta quest 2 and created new meta account using mobile app during the first launch. Everything went fine and I'm able to use Quest as a standalone VR without any issues. Unfortunately the same cannot be said about the desktop app. I downloaded it from: https://store.facebook.com/pl/quest/setup/ and installed on my drive. Once I started it, it doesn't seem to allow meta login - see the screenshot below:

Messerschmitt86_0-1661371818492.png

I've got a PC with windows 10 (21H2)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I reinstalled the app few times, restarted my PC multiple times, tried changing the language in the app. I even connected my quest as I read someone got some results with that. All to no effect. Then suddenly the option appeared after few hours. No idea why. but I was able to login via email.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

flatggl
Honored Guest

I contacted support about this and they responded that I should reinstall the app.
I'm out of town right now, so I haven't tried that, but I'll give it a shot later.
(I'm thinking it probably won't work)

nah i tried reinstalling twice and it still doesn't pop up. kinda lame that they roll it out, but don't let you log in on pc

Oculus Support

11 hours ago - last edited 11 hours ago

Hey everyone, thank you all for bringing this issue to our attention. We're currently in communication with our engineering team to get this issue nailed down, find the root cause and get this resolved. We'd like to encourage everyone to share their experiences and any troubleshooting steps you've tried in this thread so that we can collect this valuable information for our teams. Thank you for your patience while we look into this!

I reinstalled the app few times, restarted my PC multiple times, tried changing the language in the app. I even connected my quest as I read someone got some results with that. All to no effect. Then suddenly the option appeared after few hours. No idea why. but I was able to login via email.

Hello @Messerschmitt.86! We're sure happy to see you finally got in with your PC.

We do appreciate you being an Oculus family member and wish you the best time in your VR world!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi.
When I got home and tried to log in, I saw a button to log in with my email address.
Thanks to you, I was able to log in successfully.