cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No referral credit

Caiyyd
Honored Guest

I sent my friend a referral link which she used when she purchased Quests for herself and her son. So far neither of us have received the $30 store credit. How long does it take to show? It’s been about 2 weeks. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Hey there! I thought I'd put some updated information in this thread. If the referral process is followed exactly according to THIS, then the referral credit should show up for both of you within 7 days of the new user activating their headset.

If you don't see the credit after 7 days, then @MetaQuestSupport will be happy to help you get your credit. Just PM them here or click HERE to submit a support ticket. Hope this helps and thanks for spreading the love of Quest 2!

Genesis does what Nintendon't! Send me a DM if you have questions. I'm happy to help!

View solution in original post

The_1st_Dark_Lord_Morgoth
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey everyone! I saw that you were having trouble getting the referral credits along with your friends from the referral program. If you haven't already, I recommend sending @MetaQuestSupport a private message so that they can better assist you since it's related to getting credits for your account. 

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The force shall free me.

View solution in original post

101 REPLIES 101

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Caiyyd, thanks for reaching out! We're so excited to welcome your friend and her son to the legendary world of VR, and we appreciate you for referring them! Your friend will receive $30 in Oculus Store Credit when they activate their new headset using your referral link. You will receive $30 in Oculus Store credit 30 days later. For more information on the Oculus referral program, you can check out the relevant support article here. Cheers! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hello, same problem here

My brother send me a referral link, i buy a Quest 2 in a local store. 
Then i use his link and it ask me to create my Oculus account etc.

When i go to my profil on this site, i see my Quest 2, and when i try to use my brother link again, it said i alreay use a referral link to this account.

But i still dont get any credit on my store, it's been 3 days now.

If you need more help regarding the Referral program, we are happy to provide! Send us a DM or click HERE to submit a support ticket. We want to make sure you get your credit. Thanks!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MattTri
Honored Guest

Did they ever give you a solution because I'm having the same problem?

Hey there MattTri, if it has been 30 days after you have attempted to redeem your referral credit, we recommend submitting a support ticket on our website here: https://ocul.us/ContactSupport so we can investigate your issue further. You can also send us a PM. Please click here https://ocul.us/OculusCommunitySupport or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you have any further questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach back out. 

Margie3939
Honored Guest

Same here. Says I received it but not in the store. Smells. 

Hello Acculus support so I gave my friend the referral link so he could get the $30 and so could I when I did that I did not get the $30 but my friend did and was wondering if you could help me on why I did not get the $30

Hey there, you stated you didn't get your referral credit. No problem, we can help. You would receive your referral credit within 30 days and the other customer get's theirs within 7 days. If it's been past 30 days, we can definitely look

into this issue and get you taken care of.

We'll need this information for both you and the person who you referred (Please send private on here or submit a ticket)

• Full name
  • Email Address
  • Oculus Alias / Username

In addition, we'll also need this information:

• Images or pictures showing the referrer's Oculus app showing that the person referred accepted the referral.
  • Both accounts nationality & what currency the app store is in.
  • The serial number of the referred user's device
  • Confirmation the referral was sent
  • The activation date of the referred user's device

Please send information here https://ocul.us/OculusCommunitySupport or click on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private.

JonahsDad
Honored Guest

I just spent 30 minutes with customer service on this topic. I used a referral promotion before New Years, which allowed for $60 store credit for myself and the referral. Even though he was to receive the money right after activation, that did not happen. According to customer service, even though it was purchased prior to New Years, because the account was ACTIVATED after Dec 31, the credit was not applied and they had to do it manually. Additionally, in 30 days I will have to reach out to customer service again so they can manually credit my account. Ironically, the email for the promotion came to me Dec 27th so there would be no possible way to even get the Oculus in time for me to activate it prior to Dec 31.

As frustrating as this is, I hope this information is helpful to others. Good luck.