cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sound on Oculus Home, Touch Basics and First Contact?

uKER
Level 5
Basically what the title says.
Since about two weeks ago (guesstimated) I have no sound on Oculus Home, Touch Basics and First Contact.

Strangely, while the Oculus Home environment is dead silent, I do have sound when I bring up the in-game Oculus menu (the one with the screen floating in front of you and the button bar at the bottom).
Also, all other apps work perfectly.
Oddly enough, First Contact is malfunctioning in both its built-in and downloadable versions.

I haven't read about anyone else having this.
Any ideas?
78 REPLIES 78

shanedlm
Level 2
Yeah my touch controllers are fine -- I had that issue earlier and fixed it quickly.  But I am getting judder as soon as Home finishes loading.  Whatever is causing the audio issue also seems to be triggering the judder for me.    There was a new Insider update today (18353.19) which I installed in hopes that it would fix the issue, but alas, it did not.     Grrrr....

shanedlm
Level 2
Anyone else figure this out yet -- or any other users lurking who are experiencing this?  I find it hard to believe there aren't more of us out there!

uKER
Level 5
What else do you expect? 
We've identified the issue as affecting the last few Insider builds. 
My bet is that it will be fixed when MS solve the issue with X-Fi sound cards. 

shanedlm
Level 2
Didn’t know if maybe there was a driver update that could fix or some other workaround in the meantime.  I don’t own an X-Fi card, do you think that this is a symptom of whatever is causing that issue and affecting other software or something?

shanedlm
Level 2
Just bumping this back up.  Has anyone got this working yet? I opted out of Insider a few days back, but the last update I got before the opt-out unfortunately did not fix it so now I'm thinking of jumping back in.   Anyone know if a new Insider update has solved for this yet?  

uKER
Level 5
I'm on the fast ring and still nothing.
Haven't tried skip ahead but they're pretty much the same currently . 

shanedlm
Level 2
Ah ok good to know.   This is really bugging me and I'm worried that more people aren't talking about it! 

shanedlm
Level 2
Still nothing on this?    Creative-X fixed their driver issue on their own yesterday, so if that was in any way related to this bug, it's not something that MS is going to be addressing on their side.   

uKER
Level 5
Yeah, and this doesn't seem driver-related at all.
All apps work fine. Even when in the dead silent store, the games' trailer videos play with sound.
Go figure.

shanedlm
Level 2

uKER said:

Yeah, and this doesn't seem driver-related at all.
All apps work fine. Even when in the dead silent store, the games' trailer videos play with sound.
Go figure.

See, that's it -- at least for me, it's not all apps.   It extends beyond the Oculus stuff as well I've realized.   I'm sure there's more, but I am also experiencing this with Coco VR and Face Your Fears which makes me think there are probably many more titles affected by this.    I am also getting awful amounts of judder once Home loads.   The time before it kicks in, everything is butter smooth -- but once it starts to really load, everything gets juddery.