cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sound when casting to any device - Quest 3

BigTanuki64
Honored Guest

I don't get any sound when casting regardless of which device I cast to. TV, PC, or mobile app, all the same. Actually, I do hear sound when casting to the mobile app, but I can't get the sound to play through a connected speaker (bluetooth or otherwise), so it doesn't really matter. When casting to PC on oculus.com/casting, there's no sound at all. AirPlay to TV is the same.

13 REPLIES 13

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We noticed you've run into a challenge with no sound coming through when casting to TVs, PCs, and the mobile app when it's using a Bluetooth or other speakers. We know audio is important to the overall experience. We have a few questions on this. Are you casting through your phone to a third device? (IE to your phone, then to the TV/PC) or trying to cast directly to the device via a tool like chrome cast?

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey again. We're reaching back out to see if you've managed to get your sound working with your casting. If you still need assistance, please let us know if you're casting from your phone to a third device or if you're casting directly to a device.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Yes, I'm casting to a third device, like this: Quest 3 -> iPhone -> screen mirror/airplay to TV.

Thank you for the clarification. Let's get this ball rolling so you can get to casting! Are you able to cast directly to the TV or PC? While not directly stated in our Casting and Troubleshooting articles, the set up only involves 2 devices. The Meta Quest and the device being casted to. Chromecast and oculus.com/casting are the only casting options listed. Can we give these a shot going directly to a device? Please let us know if these work for you of if you require additional help.

Hello again, @BigTanuki64 we just wanted to come back around and check if you've been able to resolve this challenge or if you have any additional questions we could help answer.

RoLLeR_OQ2
Honored Guest

Hi all! Hope no necroposting... I'm having the same issue. When sharing my Quest 3 to PC and the to TV via HDMI I have no sound. I want to record a minivideo for a friends. And It seems that the topic is still open.

Thank you very much!

Hey @RoLLeR_OQ2, we're just dropping in to see if we can provide further assistance to this Casting matter. We understand how important it is to be able to enjoy all the features of the Quest headset, and we would like to do everything we can to get the audio back working. With that being said, please verify the following information:

• Have you attempted to Cast with another phone
  • Try Casting from another app (Netflix, Spotify, YouTube)
  • Ensure all 3 devices are on the exact same network. (ex. If the router has a 5GHZ and 2GHZ channel, all the devices must be on the same channel)

We've seen these steps help people out in the past with the same issue you're having. We're hoping that they will do the same for you.

However, if you're still having trouble after trying those steps, please don't hesitate to reach back out and let us know. We'll also be here if you have any other questions or concerns. Have legendary rest of your day!

Hey again @RoLLeR_OQ2! We just wanted to check in with you and see if you still needed any help with the issues you were having with no sound when casting. If you still need any assistance, please feel free to reach back out to us at any time! Have a great day!

Hi! Sorry for my absence... My work absorbs many hours and I don't have time...

No, I didn't attempted to cast to my phone, only to my PC.
Casted many apps. No sound.
I'm going right now to test to connect to my phone and my tv... 

Phone and Quest 3 are connected via Wifi to the same network, and tv via ethernet.

Sorry for my bad english. And thanks for the help!

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?