cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

None of my friends show up as online and they cant see if im online or not either.

Blaze_08
Honored Guest

This has been a pain for me as i play echo VR a lot and when I go online on echo, none of my friends show up online, and on the oculus social thing where you can see your friends, no one is online and i get invited by one of my mates and they are online but they do not show up as they are, I would really appreciate it if you could help me with this as iv even tried factory resetting and that didn't resolve anything, if you could help me with this, it would be much appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7

Cholo-
Protege

I can't see the status of any my friends on the Oculus app (PC), after the (super useful) update.

My privacy setting are the following:

Privacy profile ON

Who can see YOUR FOLLOWERS

Show your active status ON

Show app you using ON

But if I go in a game like EchoVR, I see if they are online or playing something.

So, why is this even happening?

Choleni
MVP
MVP

Have a look at your privacy settings.

If your setting is "show offline" nobody can see when you are online......and you can't see if any of your friends is online.

Switch it to "show online" and all is good.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Howdy there, @Blaze_08! As a result of the new Meta quest accounts merging, all friends have now become followers. As @Choleni mentioned, we strongly advise you to check your settings to see if your account is set to "public" or "private," as this will be something to consider. We've included a useful support article for you below. Please keep us updated on how things go so that we can determine if any additional steps are required.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We're just keeping an eye on you and wondering if you still need further assistance. Please feel free to reach out, we'll be more than delighted to help you out.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Bumping - same exact issue.

If I go to the View Your Information Section of the Meta Website, this issue occurs despite these relevant settings set accordingly:

BobFolowski_1-1685986734892.png

[Text version of picture]

Private profile: On
Your private profile setting
Who can see your activity: Followers
Your privacy setting for who can see the apps you use, and your achievements or high scores associated with those apps
Show your Active Status: On
Your privacy setting for who can see when you're active, recently active or currently in the same chat
Show the app you’re using: On
Your privacy setting for who can see the app you're currently using

AliceinVRworld
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey everyone! I will see if there is anything for this. Currently have not seen a lot of users with this issue. However, please do fill out a bug report on the device! The more people that report it the easier this gets fixed. 

Just click here to see the steps on how to report a bug. In addition, if I see anything on this I will let you know. 

We are all mad here.

Knoetsch
Explorer

I have the same Issue, everything set to active, but I appear offline.