cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to launch the Quest 2 via Quest2 Link

dennis.stanek.9
Explorer

Good Morning All,

I have had the Quest2 for about 3 weeks. It had worked PERFECTLY on MSFS2020.

I flew down to Antarctica on Thursday with no issues. Actually, the Quest 2 was amazing! Now, this morning for some reason, I can't launch the Quest 2 Link via the virtual Desktop Streamer. It is not even highlighted. No issues in the past. I made no changes to the setup. The Quest 2 is setup with a cable.  I also use the SteamVR app directly from Steam and launch it through the app. I have the Headset on a power cord to charge it when not in use. The color changed very rapidly from green to orange when the cable to my PC was plugged into the headset.

I did re-install the Occulus Driver via a Google post with no luck.

These are the Apps I use to fly MSFS:

1. Virtual Desktop Streamer

2. SteamVR

3. Occulus App

Any help you can provide would be HIGHLY appreciated, and THANK-YOU in advance.

Dennis L Stanek

2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @dennis.stanek.9! We recognize that you're having difficulty connecting your headset to the PC, which is something we don't like to hear because we are aware of how it will impact your ability to play games. The steps to fix the app are listed below. They are useful when there are issues with the app. Please let us know how it goes so we can decide whether any further action is necessary.

1. Go to https://www.meta.com/quest/setup/ and click Download software.
  2. Select Repair.
    • If Windows asks you if you’re sure you want to open this file, click Yes.
    • If Windows Defender prompts Windows protected your PC, click More info and then click Run anyway.
    • If your antivirus software restricts the file from opening, temporarily disable your AV and continue.
    • Please remember to re-enable your antivirus software once you've completed the repair.
  3. Allow the repair process to run, download and install.
  4. Launch the Oculus PC app.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello there, We're keeping an eye on you and wondering if you still need help connecting to the PC. Please don't really hesitate to contact us, we will be delighted to help you.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!