cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not letting me choose the default location for my files

KeresNecronyn
Honored Guest

I'm having issues choosing a file for the desktop oculus app.
I've been trying for hours trying to figure out why the desktop app is not letting me choose a file location for the app. I choose a location in my files and it either shows up with "you don't have permissions" or " an unexpected error occurred. please try again later."
I've tried different file locations and I choose my main location for all my desktop apps but the oculus app isn't seeing or accepting my files>
I'm lost and confused

13 REPLIES 13

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @KeresNecronyn, we're here to help! The Oculus PC app will install on your C: drive by default, but you can definitely install the app on a different drive. You'll want to make sure that the new system drive has sufficient free disk space and is formatted to use the NTFS file system, and then you can follow the steps here to install to that drive!

We hope those steps help you get the app installed on your PC! Let us know if it works, or if you need any further help. We're here for you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi again! We just wanted to check that you were able to download the PC app with the steps we provided. Let us know if so, or if you need any help!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

The link you reference for installing on a different drive is not working. I'd like to install the software on something other than c:

Uh-oh! We hate to see the link we provided isn't working, not to worry though! We're here to share the steps with you so you can install the app on another drive. Please try the following:

1. Go to our app download page.
  2. Find your product and click Download Software. The  app will begin downloading to your computer.
  3. Open the Setup app from the Downloads folder on your computer and click Get Started.
  4. Read and agree to the Terms and Conditions to continue.
  5. Select the drive you want to install the app to by clicking the dropdown underneath Location.
  6. Click Install Now. When the install is complete, log in to or create your account.

If you want to change the install location of the app once it's installed you'll need to uninstall and reinstall the app and assign the new drive during the setup screen. We hope this helps!

Hi again! We wanted to check in with you and see if you're able to get the app downloaded onto the correct drive. Let us know if you have any other questions, we're happy to help!

Villyvobo
Honored Guest

When I follow the steps it just says to change the location, but doesn't give me the option to and tells me to quit.

Thanks for getting back to us! We see you're still having troubles changing the download location. Rest assured we'd still love to help get this sorted out! We'll need to take a closer look into this, so please submit a ticket with our support team here for further assistance.

I just had this issue, finally solved it by clearing enough space in my C Drive, the option to change the download location doesn't appear until you have enough space in the default drive. It's really dumb honestly.

candace.cross.9
Honored Guest

Same for me!