cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not working, the headset is stuck on tracking lost and hand controls only beep

simply_jiwoo
Honored Guest

I've owned this occulus quest 2 less than 2 weeks and it was working great. Now it is stuck on the "tracking lost" screen and the hand controls only beep and will not function. I have trouble shooted and even changed both batteries in the hand controls but nothing is working. I am at a loss and wonder if I have to return this whole unit or want to know how to fix this thing so I can actually use it. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We understand you're having a tracking issue and how frustrating that can be when your gaming! Let's work together to get this resolved! 

To begin working on this, follow the steps below:

• Charge your headset for at least 2 hours so that it is fully charged
  • Test another app/game to rule out an app specific issue
  • Cover any windows, mirrors or reflective surfaces
  • Try a different play space and note if the tracking improves
  • Attempt to complete a reboot of the headset by holding down the power and volume (-) at the same time for 30 seconds to load the boot menu. Hit exit and reboot from the menu.

If you're still having the same issue, please reach out to us in a PM so we can continue assisting you! 

Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

43 REPLIES 43

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We understand you're having a tracking issue and how frustrating that can be when your gaming! Let's work together to get this resolved! 

To begin working on this, follow the steps below:

• Charge your headset for at least 2 hours so that it is fully charged
  • Test another app/game to rule out an app specific issue
  • Cover any windows, mirrors or reflective surfaces
  • Try a different play space and note if the tracking improves
  • Attempt to complete a reboot of the headset by holding down the power and volume (-) at the same time for 30 seconds to load the boot menu. Hit exit and reboot from the menu.

If you're still having the same issue, please reach out to us in a PM so we can continue assisting you! 

Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Ive tried all of theese options but it still wont work and i am unsure how to Private Message

@simply_jiwoo Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

ChristinaLeeH
Honored Guest

I have the same problem dud a factory reset and still does work. Headset does see the controllers.

Hiya there @ChristinaLeeH! We're saddened to hear that you still continue to have issues with your tracking. No worries, we're here to help! Here are some additional troubleshooting you can give a try: 

• Ensure your area is well lit, with enough light to clearly see, but not direct sunlight
  • Ensure your area is free of small lights such as Christmas lights, or LED strips
  • Ensure your area is free of any reflective surfaces such as mirrors, glass or polished marble
  • Ensure the tracking cameras are clean.
  • Ensure your environment is free of any obstructions between the tracking cameras and the controllers
  • Remove the battery from the controller for at least 30 seconds
  • Unpair and pair again the controller to the headset

We hope this helps. If you continue having issues with your controllers, please reach out to us via private message. We'd be happy to continue assisting you. We hope to hear from you soon! 

Hey there friend! Just reaching out to see if you are still experiencing issues with your tracking. Hit us up on private message. We'd be happy to continue assisting you! 

wintryjungle453
Honored Guest

If I factory reset my oculus and log back into my account will i keep my games because im having the same issue and nothing is working 

Hi there @wintryjungle453, we notice you have an inquiry about factory resetting your account. We know how important being able to keep your hard earned games is, and we would love to assist you as much as we can on this matter!

You can safely factory reset and not lose any games or apps as they are account bound and not device bound. Once you do a factory reset, it'll remove your account from the headset only. The games are contained in your account not the headset.

You can also backup game progresses and app data by enabling the Cloud Backup before doing a factory reset.

To do so:

1. First, turn on your Cloud Backup.
  2. Then turn off your headset completely.
  3. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
  5. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

Let us know how this goes!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

We were in the neighborhood, @wintryjungle453, and just wanted to check up on you. If you are still having trouble, please let us know so that we can get everything figured out with you.