cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCULUS RIFT S - PORT RESET FAILED - PLEASE ANSWER

geraint.atkins
Protege

Hello,

anybody with port-reset failed issues for oculus rift s after rebooting the machine and having what appear to be device manager issues with their headset, i don't know if it's proven yet however i've raised it with support;

"Faulty Cable?

I have the following;

Serial number: 1WEGCH507X0376 / 1WEGCH50L30346 – Both produced port-reset failed issues.

Serial number for replacement brand new out of a box today: 1WEGCH609E0303 – headset is working since being in use with this cable.

Curious as my friend who also owns an oculus rift s has a cable 1WEGCH6 and he hasn’t had a single problem."

Can anyone provide the serial number of the cable tied to their headset, it's found with a QR code next to the adapter that joins display and usb together.

6 REPLIES 6

Draconerd
Honored Guest

I have the same problem, it will lock up my whole computer. My cable serial number is 1WEGCH5

geraint.atkins
Protege

Speak to oculus support (hahahahhahahahahah) and get a replacement. it'll take about 3 months.

KennyOO7
Explorer

Curious if there's anything to this, as I'm having similar issues with a similar cable number (1WEGCH5).

Create a ticket with Oculus Support. It's a batch issue that they aren't acknowledging yet. Or publicly acknowledged. It'll take a while mind. They aren't quick

Yea, my ticket is quickly heading in that cable direction; it'll be frustrating to say the least if I have to pay out of pocket to replace a cable that is still in mint (physical) condition, given that it's just over a year old.  They're wildly overpriced.

Keep us up to date. I look forward to hearing the outcome