cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OSP Integration in Wwise in Unreal code syntax issues

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Oculus team,

I am having troubles implementing the OSP into my Wwise/Unreal project. I am using UE4.18.3 and Wwise 2017.9.6501. I first tried this with UE4.20, but decided to try with what has been tested and works.
I made my level in UE, and integrated Wwise into the project. I then copied the "OculusSpatializerWwise.dll" & OculusSpatializerWwise.XML" into Unreals Engine install location UE_4.18>Engine>Binaries>Win64 (and Win32 just because). I also copied those same files to the Wwise install location: Wwise 2017.1.9.6501>Authoring>x64>Release>bin>Plugins. I then opened the OculusSpatializer.h and copied everything from the comment //OCULUS_START all the way to //OCULUS END, and pasted it in the AkAudioDevice.cpp code right underneath these two lines:

// OCULUS_START
#include "Runtime/HeadMountedDisplay/Public/IHeadMountedDisplayModule.h"

Errors when baking:

ProcessResult.StdErr:   Performing 3 actions (4 in parallel)
ProcessResult.StdOut:   Module.AkAudio.cpp
ProcessResult.StdOut:   E:\tl0r\Documents\Unreal Projects\2018\THDungeoneerVR\THDungeoneerVR\Plugins\Wwise\Source\AkAudio\Private\AkAudioDevice.cpp(106): error C2059: syntax error: 'if'
ProcessResult.StdOut:   E:\tl0r\Documents\Unreal Projects\2018\THDungeoneerVR\THDungeoneerVR\Plugins\Wwise\Source\AkAudio\Private\AkAudioDevice.cpp(107): error C2143: syntax error: missing ';' before '{'
ProcessResult.StdOut:   E:\tl0r\Documents\Unreal Projects\2018\THDungeoneerVR\THDungeoneerVR\Plugins\Wwise\Source\AkAudio\Private\AkAudioDevice.cpp(107): error C2447: '{': missing function header (old-style formal list?)
ProcessResult.StdOut:   E:\tl0r\Documents\Unreal Projects\2018\THDungeoneerVR\THDungeoneerVR\Plugins\Wwise\Source\AkAudio\Private\AkAudioDevice.cpp(153): error C2059: syntax error: 'else'
ProcessResult.StdOut:   E:\tl0r\Documents\Unreal Projects\2018\THDungeoneerVR\THDungeoneerVR\Plugins\Wwise\Source\AkAudio\Private\AkAudioDevice.cpp(154): error C2143: syntax error: missing ';' before '{'
ProcessResult.StdOut:   E:\tl0r\Documents\Unreal Projects\2018\THDungeoneerVR\THDungeoneerVR\Plugins\Wwise\Source\AkAudio\Private\AkAudioDevice.cpp(154): error C2447: '{': missing function header (old-style formal list?)
ProcessResult.StdErr:   ERROR: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: E:\tl0r\Documents\Unreal Projects\2018\THDungeoneerVR\THDungeoneerVR\Plugins\Wwise\Binaries\Win64\UE4-AkAudio.lib
ProcessResult.StdErr:   Total build time: 29.73 seconds (Local executor: 0.00 seconds)

For the baking errors, I simply copy/pasted the code from the OculusSpatialzer.h file. None of the actual code is accidentally commented out, so I'm not sure what's up.

The line 106 and 107 errors are simply just:
if (OculusSpatializerLibrary)
{
and the 153 154 errors are:
else
{

Within Wwise, everything busses correctly and works (I think). When I run pink noise through the 3d bus with the Oculus Spatializer on it, it is definitely going through it. It high highly filtered unless I turn the volumetric radius parameter to 1 or above. When it's at 0, it sounds like a really weird lowpass filter is applied. It reacts the same way within Unreal, so I think it is working, but just not when I go to build the game. 

Thanks,

Tyler Hoffman
1 REPLY 1

LZoltowski
Champion
Hello, you might have better luck posting this in the developer section of the site:

https://forums.oculusvr.com/developer
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂