Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OVR 10003 / Walk About Mini golf

jimcrunch
Explorer

I opened a ticket in support and got an email saying:

Hi James,

Thank you for contacting Meta Store Support. I hope this email finds you well.

I understand that you were contacting us in regards with your error message of OVR10003 error and I am glad to be able to assist you in.

As per mentioned during our conversation, I would like to provide you the steps again just in case if you've missed it. I truly appreciate your time and effort as well.

The OVR10003 error can appear for a few reasons, the most common one may be that your status is set to offline, or to be hidden. This would explain why another account works.

Luckily, if that is the issue than the solution is very simple!

• If you use PC VR, simply toggle if you are offline or online from the 3 dots on your profile page
  • If you are on standalone Quest 2, Visit your profile, click the 3 dots options and hit privacy settings. and ensure activity is set to either public, or friends only
    • Setting the "Activity" setting to "Only me" will effectively set you into offline mode so that your friends see you as offline in case you want to play games in peace
------- end email

I think I did everything correct. I changed my privacy settings from only me to followers, I looked everywhere I could to open settings up, I synced my profiles of Facebook and Meta; but I am getting Error pop up "Something Went Wrong OVR 10003", error pops up in Meta Quest 3 when I try to Invite friends while in app of "Walk about mini golf". The Oculus logo button in private room of said game results in a pop up in Meta Quest 3 headset of "Something Went Wrong OVR 10003".

PS
I noticed I am getting error on Meta website (the Support Page). When I chose which department to narrow down the tab that has listings of games to choose the game; There are 3 listings of "Walk about mini golf" games to choose from. Like I have 3 licenses to chose from. Not sure if the 3 listings could mess things up on my account.

Can someone help me?
Thank you for your time.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, @jimcrunch, thank you for joining us on the forums. We understand you are getting an error message when trying to invite friends to a game of Walkabout Mini Golf. Being able to putt around with friends in VR is a really big part of the VR experience, and we would love to see if we can help you get two strokes off of your mini golf game.

First, we wanted to clarify, are you having issues with inviting in any other applications, or creating or joining a group from the home menu?

Either way, We would recommend the following steps:

1. Turning the headset off
  2. Logging out of the mobile app
  3. Double checking your privacy settings using a PC or Laptop here: https://secure.oculus.com/my/privacy
    • We recommend making everything as public as possible, even if just for testing. You can remove any unwanted followers if needed
  4. Logging back into the mobile app
  5. turning headset back on
  6. Testing in-game inviting someone, and being invited. And a group call outside of any apps app, information on calls here.

We would particularly love to know if someone can invite you rather than you inviting them. And any further information you can provide, such as what device you use, if this has always been an issue or started recently, or if the issue happens with other apps, would all be of great help! Just let us know.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, @jimcrunch, thank you for joining us on the forums. We understand you are getting an error message when trying to invite friends to a game of Walkabout Mini Golf. Being able to putt around with friends in VR is a really big part of the VR experience, and we would love to see if we can help you get two strokes off of your mini golf game.

First, we wanted to clarify, are you having issues with inviting in any other applications, or creating or joining a group from the home menu?

Either way, We would recommend the following steps:

1. Turning the headset off
  2. Logging out of the mobile app
  3. Double checking your privacy settings using a PC or Laptop here: https://secure.oculus.com/my/privacy
    • We recommend making everything as public as possible, even if just for testing. You can remove any unwanted followers if needed
  4. Logging back into the mobile app
  5. turning headset back on
  6. Testing in-game inviting someone, and being invited. And a group call outside of any apps app, information on calls here.

We would particularly love to know if someone can invite you rather than you inviting them. And any further information you can provide, such as what device you use, if this has always been an issue or started recently, or if the issue happens with other apps, would all be of great help! Just let us know.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey again, @jimcrunch. If you are still needing assistance with this, please let us know if reconnecting though the mobile application helped at all. Otherwise, we would love to assist however we can. Just let us know!

jimcrunch
Explorer

Hello Thank you for the replies and solutions. I am able to play with my friends using private room in Walk About Mini Golf. But the Oculus button still gets an error message OVR 10003 that pops up. I turned everything online that I could, I synced my account, I opened invites to my followers. I am looking for PCVR to toggle on and off but cant find it. The profile page 3 dots takes me to privacy settings, and I went through all of them and turned setting on/followers. 

I am not sure what to do. Any additional advice is appreciated.

jimcrunch
Explorer

Success, I fixed it. My Oculus Rift App was offline. I updated the PC app and found the profile and the 3 dots. I turned my profile online. And that fixed it. Thank you for your help.

Awesome! Were glad this is fixed! Having fun gamming! We will be around if you ever need any other assistance!