cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OVRServer_x64 Memory Leak/Not clearing working set

FelicityC
Adventurer
Will be sending this directly to support as well.

Here's the issue:
8y8zt4j1uajb.png

This service is currently taking 4gb of memory. Without anything attached. The Oculus program is not running. Firefox has a youtube video playing. I checked via other apps; this is working memory, not non-paged or standby memory. So ovrserver_x64 is using 4gb of memory without any use or reason to. 

But that's not all. In the hour or so while I was investigating this,
r8tdhtodlvp6.png
It took another 800mb or so of memory. In processhacker it's actually taking about 5.1gb total private memory (ie; reserved memory, and most of it is working memory)

This is absurd. I can imagine this could be the cause of many people's issues if they have less capable memory or a lot less of it. If I only had 8gb, I'd be well over my limit and into the pagefile, ie I would probably bsod or the program would crash. I think this would be fine (jk, this is still ridiculous for a simpler server app that isn't even running) if I had Link going or something. But, like, really?

I've created a .dmp of the memory but it's obviously 5gb in size so I'll have to look at it privately I guess. If anyone else can notice this issue especially when NO SOFTWARE is active, that would be interesting to hear.
8700k @ whatever i feel like, 2070 Super, 3200mhz 32gb memory @ CL16, 1tb wd sn750, msi z370 gaming plus, pvc pipe gun
3 REPLIES 3

Buddy-Wolf
Honored Guest
I got the same problem since yesterday. It happens when I unplug my vr. In my case I got 32 gb of memory but it fill all of them.

RavenWorks
Protege

The same thing is happening to me now; I've only caught it going up to around 1.5 GB, but that's still more than it should be taking up while not in use...

Did you get any kind of response from Support? Are there any known workarounds besides rebooting?

Collbas
Honored Guest

same problem, in the background this process eats from 80 mb to 6 gb and more memory, until my computer crashes 😤