cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Occulus Broken on windows 11

tommyd2k
Explorer

I updated to the pre-release Windows 11 and now the Occulus software is broken.  It tries to start then you can see in the top of the window Occulus isn't compatible with this systems hardware then closes and opens over and over.  Reinstalling did not fix the issue either.

I am going back to windows 10.  If anyone is thinking about trying windows 11 beware.

4 REPLIES 4

Lucidmaster77
Explorer

Same here! 

edaolio
Protege

Some here! I can beleave Oculus not fix it yet!

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

If you choose to install an OS which is not supported by Oculus, you're on your own. Accept the consequences of your choices.

Rift and Quest requirements are here - there's no Win11:

https://support.oculus.com/articles/getting-started/getting-started-with-rift/rift-s-minimum-require...

https://www.oculus.com/accessories/oculus-link/

Nothing is more important for my rig than full VR support - not even in my wildest dreams would I sacrifice VR for something as totally meaningless as a new os. So you got Win11 and now can't play Lone Echo 2 - sounds like the worst trade I can imagine, lol. 

Oculus is known to be very slow at fixing things - can easily take 6 months or more. Enjoy 🙂

Rule #1 for VR: You never go beyond of what Oculus supports. First Oculus makes the move - then you move. You never move ahead of Oculus. I'm not even trying to be funny. Didn't even buy my RTX 3090 until I was sure Oculus fully supported the card etc. (Some AMD Radeon owners learned it the hard way - I think it took Oculus 6 to 12 months to support some new AMD cards.) 

If you think that Oculus immediately supports new gpus, video drivers, os etc - think again. Personally I would never consider getting Win11 before Oculus clearly has stated they support the os for their hmds. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Bguillen
Honored Guest

Best option for now is to have dual OS, I am planning to run windows 10 on my external USB Type c to run VR.  😁 So much for the Metaverse.