cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus 2 Airlink Not Working

YouFoundVictor
Honored Guest

Hey there! So I just got a faster Laptop and somehow it’s the wireless airlink will not work. The older computer (definitely out of date) is working to connect to the Oculus 2, however my new Laptop it won’t work.

It won’t even show the PC when it’s searching for PC. I have restarted my PC & oculus, factory reset both, installed Oculus app twice, did the repair option when installed. However nothing will work. 

Howcome an old computer that barely works links to the oculus and a newer one that is decent will not even show up?

5 REPLIES 5

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hiya @YouFoundVictor! Thank you so much for reaching out to us in regards to Airlink not properly working with your PC. We want to make sure you have the smoothest experience with PCVR, so we would love to lend a helping hand. With that being said, were you attempting to us a laptop before as well? Or was it a desktop PC? Additionally, you can make sure your Laptop is compatible with Airlink by going here.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi again @YouFoundVictor! We hope you're having a good day so far. We just wanted to check in with you and see if you were still having issues with using Airlink. If you still need any assistance, please don't hesitate to get back to us so we can continue working towards a resolution with you! Have a phenomenal day!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Yes it still has not been working. 

I have the following:

• Intel 13th Generation Core i7 Evo Platform

• 16 gigabytes System Memory (RAM)

• Intel Iris Xe Graphics

its a 

HP - Envy 2-in-1 15.6" Full HD Touch-Screen

Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - 512GB SSD

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @YouFoundVictor glad you've reached back out to us! We want to get you back connected and able to enjoy your PCVR experiences as soon as possible. To do so we do have a few questions and suggestions for you.

You did mention you were unable to discover your PC through your Meta Quest 2, some suggested tips for this:

• Ensure that the network is setup correctly
  • Ensure both devices are connected to the same network

Have there been any changes other changes besides the change of PC ?

• Network Changes - Network name change, new password, new placement, new ethernet connected device, new device(s) joined, new router, new modem, new ISP, added extender
  • PC - New Hardware of Software, new placement, change to Wi-Fi/Ethernet
  • HMD - Dropped/Damaged, New Accessories, recent Factory Reset
  • Play Space - New play space, new items in play space, new appliances in home, new home

Is the Router in the Same Room as the PC and Headset?

Are you using a VPN?

•  Using a VPN can cause issues for Air Link as it uses your home network to communicate data from your HMD to your PC, and VPNs mask the IP address of affected devices by bouncing the connection around.

Once you update us with this information it will help us better determine what may be causing the issues you are experiencing. We hope to hear from you soon with an update!

Knock-knock! Anyone there? Just passing by to see if you're still needing help? We want to make sure we can get you back on track! 

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?