cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus 2 / GTX 1050TI /LINK

Hi, I just bought the Oculus 2 256gig. I have a Asus gaming laptop model GL753V with a Nvidia GTX 1050TI , Oculus website says the GTX 1050TI will work . However when i try using both the oculus brand and aftermarket brand link cables but it  says my computers graphics card is incompatible with oculus . Would someone ANYONE please help me figure out this issue . Thanks in advance from Michigan 

4 REPLIES 4

Umpa_PC
Rising Star

I think 1050Ti (mobile) and 1050Ti desktop are different GPU's - Now some time back there was some software that would allow it to work, but beware the reports at the time were that it gave an unsatisfactory result.

Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

@GreenManalishi426  the 1050ti (desktop or mobile) is not listed as compatible with Q2 Link.  Maybe do a bit more Google research next time.

https://support.oculus.com/articles/headsets-and-accessories/oculus-link/oculus-link-compatibility/

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Seeing that this is a standalone and does not need to be hooked to a pc, it's not a super big deal.  Would have been a +.  but it does say that my video card is a minimum system requirement. maybe it's not the same location that you found info but it's there all the same. But thanks to the guy above that left me an educated reply that there is a way i will do more research ....  Thanks for the sarcasm there tommy boy

Thanks i have seen a few youtube videos that show some change of settings  that has worked for some people , just didnt for me ...Thanks for the reply 

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?