cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus 2 - Getting kicked out of games to home screen or not loading past menu

flickitysplits
Explorer

Hello!

I have an Oculus Quest 2 purchased in June 2021 (wasn't Meta branded then!) and in the last few weeks I've been experiencing problems with either being kicked out of games or games not loading past their menu screen. The two in particular are FitXR and Beat Saber.

Firstly I performed a factory reset and only reinstalled FitXR. I can load into the game menus but roughly 1 minute into a session, I get kicked out to the main Oculus menu. I then installed Beat Saber and could load into the menu but any further option just left me in a black void. For funsies and to slightly torture myself, I did another factory reset and the previous actions replicated.

I have also toggled the option of the 120Hz refresh rate on and off, while rebooting the headset each time to no difference made.

I did also reach out to support via FitXR and they can see nothing obvious. As this is affecting two games, it might be more headset related.

Any help is graciously accepted!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

flickitysplits
Explorer

Following up on my post in the instance that anyone else experiences this problem - This turned out to be ISP related. Once I connected my Quest to the internet via a personal hotspot, everything operated as it should, woo! Unfortunately now I need to convince my ISP that they're the problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Howdy there, @flickitysplits! Thank you for putting our attention to this. This is something we do not want our users to encounter. Since we know how this could effect your gameplay. We'd like to step in and assist you in resolving this issue. We'll have to invite you to send us a private message. In order for you to be able to send us a video of the problems you're encountering,

Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

flickitysplits
Explorer

Following up on my post in the instance that anyone else experiences this problem - This turned out to be ISP related. Once I connected my Quest to the internet via a personal hotspot, everything operated as it should, woo! Unfortunately now I need to convince my ISP that they're the problem.

Hi again! Thanks so much for updating us on your issue. We're glad to see your headset is operating properly, despite this pesky connection issue. We wish you the best of luck, and please don't hesitate to reach back out if you need anything from us! We're always happy to help.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!