cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus 2 keeps blinking red

chance2
Honored Guest

One of my friends came over a while back and she fell with the head set on but I’ve dropped it before and it was fine but after she dropped it it started to not work or even turn on I don’t know what to do please someone lmk I want to be able to play again

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Hey @chance2! Thank you for taking the time to share your recent issues, while using your Quest 2 headset. We know it's never fun when our devices do not work to their full capacity as we want them to, and with that being said, we're sorry this has been an ongoing issue for you. Lucky, we have a few troubleshooting steps we can offer if haven't attempted them yet:

• Using charging cables and adapters other than the official charging cable/adapter can damage the battery slowly over time. 
  • This is due to different charging cables and adapters having different voltages and amperages.
  • Has the Quest 2 headset been left plugged in for days or weeks?  If so, it can damage the battery over time, especially if the headset is on, or asleep rather than turned off.
  • Perform factory reset:
  1. Turn off your headset. ( Performing Factory Reset )
  2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
  4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

However, if these provide steps do not work, do not hesitate to reach back out to us for further assistance. We're looking forward to speaking with you soon. Have a legendary rest of your day!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

the thing is it won’t let me even get into the reset thing it’s just black but for a minute it stopped blinking and let me see the battery but now it’s just black even when I charge it for a day and stuff

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, @chance2! Thank you for keeping us updated and providing us with that information. We would like for you to attempt a few more troubleshooting options before we move forward with another option that might be available to you. Please try the following: 

If the headset powers on but still no display is present, 

• Remove any unsupported third-party accessories that may affect boot (such as external battery packs, accessories that plug into the USB-C port, etc.).

Hard reboot the headset.

• Hold down the power button and volume-down button for 30 seconds until you hear the boot-up sound.

If the boot-up sound is not heard: 

1. Hold the power and volume (-) buttons down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  2. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight "Boot Device" and press the power button.
  3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

Factory Reset 

Please let us know if these troubleshooting steps did not resolve your issue. We will then have to look into another option on how to get this issue resolved and taken care of for you. We do thank you for your continued patience. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

We are just checking in regarding the headset situation. If you still need assistance after following the steps provided, please reach back out through a PM so that we may review this further. We appreciate your time, and have a great day!

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?