cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus 3 file access from computer

deep665
Explorer

I've been getting the run around from email support so thought I'd throw my issue here.

I have both an O2 and O3.  If I plug in my O2 to my laptop, the oculus displays a prompt asking if I want to share files.. I say yes, and the Oculus shows up along with hard drive in My Computer.  

I plug in my Oculus 3 and I do not get the prompt in the headset, and no access to the files.   I get the same results from both of my laptops.

I've written to email support and they had me boot in safe mode, delete the oculus app, delete a bunch of directories, then reinstall.  No change whatsoever.

I wrote to them saying it did not solve my problem and the person who responded to my email.. who obviously didn't even bother to read the entire email. said the Oculus 3 is not compatible with a gaming laptop.  The problem is I had gone through all their suggested steps on my business laptop, not my gaming laptop.  

I'm at my wits end.. I asked that my email be advanced on to someone with more knowledge, and I told the person that their answer was BS.

Anyone have any suggestions?  Is anyone actually accessing the Oculus 3 files?  I create VR content, so I want to be able to upload my movies to the headset.

Thanks in advance for any help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

deep665
Explorer

For anyone who may have followed, or clicked because you have a similar problem.. This issue was solved.  The problem was I had gone into settings and turned of notifications.  So the popup needed to allow permission to share files never showed up.  Thanks to all at Meta that helped!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Mazing
Protege

Have you tried to degauss the lithium wave shell?

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @deep665! We understand you are having issues accessing files on your Quest 3. We're here to help you as best we can, so that you can get back to enjoying your experience in the wonderful world of VR! In order to do so, please reach out to us in a PM and we will be happy to dig deeper into this issue! Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. ​

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

How long does it take to reply?  Sent a message last night

Hey there, @deep665. We have recieved your PM, and will be with you shortly! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

deep665
Explorer

For anyone who may have followed, or clicked because you have a similar problem.. This issue was solved.  The problem was I had gone into settings and turned of notifications.  So the popup needed to allow permission to share files never showed up.  Thanks to all at Meta that helped!

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?